The peacock

Narcissa hadn't realised how much she had truly changed the plot of the books until she had been a victim to James Potter's infamous declaration's of love. It had been a normal day for Narcissa. She had gotten out of bed with a beaming smile on her face, and prepared for the day ahead. She and Lily had gone down to have breakfast it was perfect.

Until it wasn't.

Narcissa never thought that James Potter was annoying.

She had never thought he was an arrogant toe-rag or that he was really just an accident.

The key point is Narcissa Black had never really thought about James Potter full stop. 

He was going to marry Lily Evans and go on to have Harry, if she had her way with it he was going to live a long life with the one's he loved.

There she was sitting with Lily discussing a new muggle book that had recently been released when she heard it.

It was hard to miss seeing as he yelled her name out in the great hall making everyone go quiet.

"NARCISSA BLACK!!"

She slowly but surely saw James Fleamont Potter standing on the table staring at her with what she assumed to be determination and something else she couldn't quite place. He had a small set of flowers in his hands which surely looked like the ones she had seen Professor Sprout tend to with gentle care.

"Narcissa Black, will you do me the greatest honour one could bestow on a man and go on a date with me?!"

He bellowed out to the hall.

The great hall was silent.

A single pin drop could be heard.

No one moved, eager to see what she was going to say.

The purebloods were on the edge of their seats.

Would Narcissa Black, child of The Most Ancient and Noble House of Black accept the bloodtraitor's request on courting?

The answer was an assumed no.

Narcissa horrified that someone would even ask such a thing in public quickly got up grabbed her things and as quick as she was there was as quick as she was gone. This day would go down as the most embarrassing days in Narcissa Blacks life.

The great hall was silent staring at where Narcissa had once sat back to a still James Potter. Determined James yelled "Don't worry my love, you'll say yes sooner or later!". A smug James quickly sat down next to a wheezing Sirius Black.

"Did you see her face? She looked like she wanted to die." He was all but crying holding on to Remus not seeing the blush that had formed on the latter's face.

"Just you wait mates she'll say yes sooner or later!"

"JAMES POTTER!"

Everyone stilled when they heard that well-known scottish accent rang out across the hall.

"Y-yes Minnie" James smiled a weak smile. At least he tried.

"Did you or did you not, steal Professor Sprouts flowers!?"

James quickly hid the flowers behind his back.

"What flowers could you possibly mean Minnie?" He asked sheepishly slowly yet surely walking out of the great hall.

"Do not take me as a fool Potter!"

With that James all but ran out of the great hall, a stern looking Professor walking very quickly behind him.