No promises

"They're gonna send you up aren't they?"

I stared straight into his hazel eyes as he looked back at me nodding and I let out a small sigh.

I placed my hand on his face comforting him and he let out a small huff. Before he said anything he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a huge hug.

"God this is all my fault." I whispered in his ear and he immediately denied it. "No no what you did was right." He assured me and I shook my head.

"Why did you take the blame for it?" I asked him as I wrapped my arms around him tightly staying in that hugging position.

"They would've sent you up with a bunch of hormonal teenage boys. Sorry June but I can't have that happening. I also know that you would be so miserable if you didn't have any memories of your mom or even him if they sent you up. I did it because I love you."

God this stupid kid. This stupid best friend of mine.

I let out a little laugh, but all you could hear was pain through it as tears fell on my cheek.

"Hey you gotta let go because I'm pretty sure your girlfriends getting jealous." I said managing to hold the rest of my tears back. I spotted her starring at us. She looks like she's gonna kill me.
I can feel her stupid blue eyes starring me down.

"Not my girlfriend."

"Your just lying to yourself Tommy." I scoffed and he let go of me and I took one last look of him before the guards came up to us.

"Don't do anything stupid." I told him and he nodded not taking his eyes of off me.

"No promises."

"Take care of yourself, I'll see you again." I told him and I leaned down to place an innocent kiss on his cheek.

"You sure about that?" He asked and I grinned shaking my head. "No promises."

I walked out of the room until I stopped at my steps to turn around the guards stood next to him ready to take him away.

"Thomas. I know you won't remember but-"

"If I do, remember, I'll tell him you said hi." He knew exactly who I was referring to. I nodded and I shot him one last smile before walking straight out.

I walked over to Teresa and I placed my arm on her shoulder and she lay her head on mine starring through the see through glass at Thomas and the guards.

"You gonna miss your boyfriend?" I teased her trying to lighten the mood and she let out an annoyed sigh. "He's not my-"

I cut her if before she could say anything. "Boyfriend." I mimicked her finishing of her sentence and she just shook her head.

"Your kidding yourselves you know that right. Just kiss already you dumbasses. He's about to go." I told her and she shook her head but she stayed silent.

We both just stared at Thomas and he stared around at the guards next to him. "Teresa if you cry don't you dare get any mascara on my clothes, they don't give you another coat." I told her rubbing her arm to comfort her and she let out a little laugh.

We heard heels clicking against the ground, the same sound I've heard since I was four. I don't even have to turn my head to know who it was.

"This is the best, for all of us. Trust me girls." Yeah that's what she always says, she gives us the whole lecture on how this shit show is gonna have a good outcome. Ive not seen any success yet.

"I'm tired of hearing that Ava." I told her folding my arms presenting my cocky stance. "Well stay awake a little longer June."

"I want to go with him." Teresa said out of nowhere and I turned my head to her furrowing my brows. "What?"