𝐕𝐈. meetings and pads

ophelia

ophelia

Two hours until the Brits Awards, I am nervous as fuck. What if Olivia doesn't like my dress or I'm prettier in pictures? She has seen me in FaceTime a couple hundred times, but still.
Maybe it's dumb but I don't care, I haven't slept in 26 hours and my mom is yelling at a worker because the hotel ran out of pads (she's not even on her period, she keeps them everytime we travel. Our bathroom is full of them but she wants more). I look myself in the mirror, the makeup artist is late and I'm not going for a natural look today.

I receive a call. Don't panic, it's Olivia. Nothing to worry about, right? :))))
"Hey, baby" I answer
"Hey! Oh my God, what are you doing? I'm already on the car. This driver is the worst" she whispered the last part and I laughed.
"My makeup artist's not here yet and my mom is freaking out and everything will go wrong"
"Nothing will go wrong. You're pretty without makeup anyways" she says and I blushed.
"Yeah, the prettiest next to Taylor Swift and Harry Styles"
"Oh my God, I still can't believe I'm gonna meet Taylor Swift!"
"Yeah, and you're also gonna meet me, but doesn't matter" I say jokingly and she laughed. It really fucking matters to me and I know it matters to her too but what if I'm more invested on meeting her than vice versa?
"Meeting you is more important you know that but-" I stop hearing Olivia when I see my makeup artist arrive.
"I'm sorry, liv but I've gotta go, I'm finally doing my makeup"
"Oh, yeah, sure" she looks disappointed "Call me when you get in the car" I nod, send a kiss and end the FaceTime.

She has a driver... well, I have my mom and she's probably worse than him. She knows how to drive pretty good but when she's excited she can't focus. I don't wanna die before meeting Olivia and I hope God's rational.
I text her and tell her that I'm on my way. And if I ever said I was nervous before this, I was wrong. I don't think it's normal and I don't want her to see me for the first time with my hands sweating.
I arrive and head to my manager and people that work here too. They give me a brief summary of what I'm going to do. I already know some of this stuff but a reminder doesn't harm anyone.
I ask if Olivia's there already and they say that yes, that I was one of the last artists. No pressure at all.

I make my way to the Red Carpet, I hear a lot of flashes and people yelling. As soon as they see me they ask me to pose, they yell questions and tell me how pretty I look.
After doing some fast interviews and taking countless pictures in countless poses and directions, I'm free to go backstage to prepare myself.
My dressing room is small but white and sofisticated and as soon as I start changing clothes I ask my manager if I can go and see Olivia.
"Make it quick" he replied and I send her a text asking her dressing room number. 25, 25 it is. My make-up artist (whose name is Sammy and told me she arrived late because her sister was giving birth) joins me on my way to see Olivia.
My breathe is fast and I was so scared but so excited. I haven't met her yet and I already feel like crying.

I can't get my hand to knock on the door so Sammy does it for me with a smile. Is it too obvious I'm head over heels for a girl I've only interacted with via Internet?
The door is opened and I see Olivia's mom smiling behind it and before I can speak, say hi or introduce myself, I see HER silhouette running towards me. Olivia fucking Rodrigo, one of my bestest friend and kindest human being ever, running to hug me.
We hug for a long time. My head is literally somewhere else (not because I'm thinking of something else but because I can't think of anything when I feel her touch me). Her hair smells different than what I imagined, like strawberries and mint, it's even better. She's so warm and gentle and I always thought it was dumb when people held someone else like they were going to break in any moment, but Olivia's so soft and such a small bean that I feel the need to protect her and keep her away from the world.