8- Police

It wasn't until the next day Peyton came back into the room. Ryan hadn't moved from the wall and watched her with tired eyes. She looked at him for a minute before walking over to his side. Ryan didn't make any move to attack as Peyton brought her hand down and pressed a nerve on his neck. 

"Forgive me."

Ryan immediately went unconscious and she dragged him away from the wall. She got all the bandages and medicine she had left and started on his arms.

Jones was still wondering where Peyton took Ryan and what happened but his hope was much smaller than it was. He was still at the police station with officers walking around. The phone rang and a lady at a desk answered it. 

"911, what's your emergency?"

Oliver wasn't listening until the lady turned to him and almost yelled that it was Peyton. Heads turned and the detective ran over to take the phone, but was too late when she hung up.

"What did she say?"

"She gave us her location. Detective, I think she's turning herself in."

Ryan was barely conscious when he opened his eyes. Everything was blurry. He saw the same bare concrete room and steel door. It was closed (as usual). He was about to close his eyes again, but realized that he wasn't in as much pain. Almost every wound on his body was wrapped tightly in bandages. Ryan turned and saw that Peyton was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. She was about 10 feet away from him and just staring at the ground. Ryan was about to say something, but stopped when loud footsteps were heard just outside the door.

They went silent for a few seconds before the door burst open and SWAT came in- guns drawn on both of them. They immediately came forward with handcuffs and forced Peyton up on her feet. The officers took her out of the room and then came for Ryan. He was still so tired and in pain. They pulled him up and held him as he was stumbling from the terrible injuries on his legs. They took him out of the room and helped him up some stairs and into a big barn. The wood was old and birds were pitched on top, watching the scene below. Ryan was taken to an ambulance outside in a forest. He almost passed out cause all the movement. Before he was put inside, he looked at the cop cars. Ryan saw Peyton sitting in the backseat of one that was about to be driven away. She had that unreadable face on and stared down, never looking at Ryan.

"Why did you do it, Peyton?" 

Peyton just shook her head and avoided eye contact. Oliver Jones stood opposite of the table in the interrogation room. He stared at her, expecting an answer. 

"Look, if you help us out and tell us what happened, the judge might take some time off your sentence. I'm sorry, but torture like that is a pretty big crime." Again it was silent and Jones rubbed his head.

"Ryan didn't do anything," Peyton said quietly. "It's my fault."

"What do you mean," Jones asked, but Peyton sighed and just shook her head again. "Peyton, remember when I told you I would be with you every step of the way? I still am."

Peyton slowly looked Jones in the eyes. "Why? Look at what I've done."

"I know, but I'm not going to turn my back on you, especially now."

Peyton was taken to court not long after and was charged with 50 years in jail. It would have been a life sentence, but Peyton was not yet a full adult. She knew that her actions had ruined her life and now she has to face the consequences. 

(I looked it up and torture is a very serious crime that results in a life sentence in California)

"Your Honor, please! Peyton is just a teenager-" 

"She's committed a very serious crime, Detective. Peyton has even admitted that she had the intention of painful revenge," the judge said. "My decision is final." The judge slammed the hammer down and the police took Peyton. They got in the car and headed for the jailhouse.