Preface

"We cannot stop it" the woman gasped. She had white skin and hair as snow, red lips as blood, and blue eyes like the sky on summer.

The woman was in company of a man, with eyes of three colours, depending of his feelings. His eyes could be green, blue or grey but always with a touch of yellow. His hair was auburn and his skin was like his female partner.

They were tired, because they were running for eternal minutes. They were hiding from a terrible creature with great powers.

"It is going to happen. We cannot stop it" said the woman, close to have an attack.

"Of course we can" he said, trying to recover his breath.

"How are we going to do it? She is powerful. I thought I could stop her, but, as you can deduce from my actual condition, I failed".

"Of course you did. This time" he said, with a smile.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh! Dear. Much action drives you slow?"

"No! And stop joking; I am not in a good mood".

"Alright then. Now listen to me. Do you remember what we were told when we were children?"

She peered all around, looking for a minimum act of presence of the creature that was chasing them.

"Which part?"

“The part that we are destined to…” His voice turned off in the end.

The woman looked sad for a few seconds, then she nodded.

“If it has to be done…”

The man stroked her face and kissed her with tenderness. He stroked her white hair too. She took a deep breath and when they heard the noise of the monster close to them, they said:

“Liberty in Death”.

As soon as they spoke, she became into a piece of ice and he into a bonfire.

The monster, when it saw what just happened, smiled with mockery.

“See you sooner than you think” and disappeared in a big fireball.