nine

Etsuko and Bakugo are able to sneak off without any of their classmates spotting them.

Suddenly, Etsuko gets a notification and checks her phone.

Private chat with Shigaraki Tomura

Tomu-oniisan
No ones going to be home tonight. Father, Kurogiri and I are really busy right now, and we're behind on our work. You can sleep over at a friends house if you want.

Etsuko pouts.

"What's wrong, Crybaby?" Bakugo asks.

The girl turns her phone towards the taller, spiky-haired boy.

The boy gently pulls her wrist down so the phone isn't so close to his face, and then reads. "Oh, you can just stay with me, we got a spare bedroom."

Etsuko's eyes light up, and her beautiful lips are pulled into an adorable grin. She lets go of Bakugo's hand, which he didn't realize she was still holding, and clasps her hands together, as if praying or begging. Giddily, she nods.

"What's with you being so quiet?"

She looks up at him. "Y-you told me to shut up," she mumbles.

"Wha-, n-no, I meant-" Finally, Bakugo gives up.
"Tsk, when I said 'shut up' I didn't mean to stop talking completely. I meant to stop trying to sweet talk me like that."

"What's sweet talk?"

"N-never mind." Bakugo pulls out his phone. "I'm gonna call my mom and let her know you're staying over."

Dialing...

"What do you want, brat?"

"Hey, Old Hag, I got a friend who needs to stay the night somewhere, so I invited them to stay over. They can just stay in the guest room, right?"

"Well the guest room is being refurbished, so they can just sleep in your room."

Bakugo's face turns bright red. She can't stay in my room.

"Anyways, I gotta go. Your father and I are having a mini vacay, so I don't wanna hear from you unless you're dead or the house is burning."

"Damn Hag! How the fu-"

Beep beep beep.

Bakugo stares at his phone with an incredulous glare. "The Old Hag hung up on me!"

"Hey, Baku-kun, I don't want you to stress about me, I can always find another friend-"

"You can stay, it's not a problem." We'll figure out where she's sleeping later.

The two make it to Bakugo's house and Etsuko pauses at the gate to awe at it.

Woah! It's so big!

"C'mon, Pipsqueak, let's go."

"Right! Sorry, Baku-kun!" Etsuko stumbles after her explosive friend.

Etsuko closely follows the boy, walking through the front door with him.

"Baku-kun! I didn't know you had such a big house!" she whispers.

As Bakugo slips his shoes off, he nods. "Wanna start homework first?"

Etsuko's shoulders fall. "Oh, right, homework."