twenty two

"Oh, man, do I love this place," Mina says excitedly. It's got a ton of different stores to shop at and they're all super cool and hip! The Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall!"

        "They carry designs for all body types and have a range of gear for everyone from teens to seniors. The logistics of..." Midoriya goes off, mumbling.

        "You're going to scare the children. Stop," Tokoyami says.

        "Heh, Toko-kun, it's kinda funny to see you in something other than the school uniform or your hero costume," Etsuko says.

        Everyone starts talking about what they need to buy and the group decides to split up and meet back up at the square at 3.

        "C'mon, Katsu-kun! You said you'd shop with me!"

        "I'm coming, jeez."

        The two walk side by side, Bakugo's hands stuffed in his pockets, as Etsuko looks excitedly at all the cool stuff in the windows.

        "Pipsqueak, hears a luggage store. You said you wanted to get-" Bakugo looks around. "Pipsqueak?"

        Bakugo begins to sweat. Where the fuck is she?

        "Pipsqueak, where are you? If this is some kind of joke it isn't funny!"

        He decides to text her.

Katsuwu
Pipsqueak
where th are you?
(read)

Pipsqueak?

        Bakugo finds it hard to stay calm. What if she got kidnapped? What if she's being harassed by some pervert? What if someone's trying to sell her drugs? What if I never see her again? What if she's gone forever? What am I going to tell everybody?

        "Katsu-kun! There you are!" Etsuko says. "I got us-"

        Before she can finish her sentence, Bakugo hugs her. "Don't you ever fucking so that again!"

        Etsuko pouts. "I'm sorry, Katsu-kun! I saw they were selling soft pretzels and I wanted to get some! I didn't mean to make you worry."

        Bakugo pulls away and notices her holding two small bagel bags, presumably with pretzels in them, and takes one and with his other hand he grabs her now free one.

        "From now on you have to be holding my hand whenever we go somewhere. I'm not losing you again."

        Etsuko smiles. "Okay!"

        The two walk together for a little bit like that, but soon, Bakugo's hand begins to sweat. It's not surprising, he needs to sweat in order to use his quirk and his body naturally runs pretty warm, but in this situation, he didn't want to sweat. He could risk hurting Etsuko if he accidentally activated his quirk.

        "Katsu-kun, are you nervous?" Etsuko asks.

        "I'm not nervous. Why would I be nervous?"

        Etsuko shrugs and continues walking, while Bakugo's hands continue to sweat.

"Hehe, Katsu-kun, your hands are all sweaty."

"I know, it's because of my damn quirk, but you're gonna get lost if I stop holding your hand so-"

Etsuko let's go of his hand. "Silly Katsu. We don't have to hold hands."

"Yeah we do, you're gonna get distracted and get lost, if we're not-"

She wraps her pinky around his. "Is this better?"

Bakugo pauses, surprised and not sure what to think or feel.

Etsuko pouts. "If you don't like that, I can just hold your arm, like this," she says as she wraps a hand around Bakugo's bicep.

Bakugo blushes. Fuck, why am I so-dammit. Why do I like it?!

"Katsu-kun? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fucking fine, do what you want," he says as he turns away and hides his red face with a fist over his mouth.

Etsuko smiles her killer grin, causing Eros to further impale Bakugo's heart as he unleashes another arrow from his quiver. "C'mon, let's keep shopping!" She cheers.

"Y-yeah."

A/N: so another shorter chapter but eh 🤷‍♀️

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!