219. Second to Third Ignition

With the passage of time, only five days remained before the Ten Year Bout. Wang Ling stayed underneath the waterfall with his mind free of any worries or problems.

As he closed his eyes the water aggressive fell upon his naked body and slowly tempered it. Every time water touches his skin, its temperature would rise. The heat coming from his body was too intense that the stream of water was beginning to increase in temperature.

His body and flame was too hot and it was just the beginning. As white flames escaped from his body starting from his fingertips all the way to his hair, Wang Ling began to create steam and soon turned to mist.

Mist covered his surroundings and the entirety of the river, from inside the mist was a flickering white light that exuded holiness. It was powerful and purifying, it carried a kind of s strength unique to it.

The flickering light began to wave, the flame was increasing its temperature and its incorporeal self was beginning to take shape. A long body that slithers across his toned and well-developed muscles, a white snake made of pure flames slithered and revealed a part of its tongue.

The flame had taken shape to that of a snake that was merely the size of a few inches. No longer than a forearm and no thicker than his wrist. It wrapped itself around Wang Ling's wrist and soon a jolt attacked his mind.

[It is coming, the third ignition.] Wang Ling was only trying to start the second ignition which is to create an 'avatar' that represents his flames. The snake was the shape it had taken shape even before he knew what was going on.

However, he could not completely turn the Heavenly Flame into a snake. Something was hindering his progress and that barrier was the third ignition.

The True Chaos Flames he used to base the True Heavenly Flames had known five ignitions. The first ignition is meant to let the fire rage and show its form to the world. The second ignition was meant to exhibit the control of the cultivator with his flame by forming it to a shape he or she can manipulate freely.

The True Chaos Flames was a technique of his era, but its origins stretch back to the previous eras to the point it was hard to point out. The last Grandmaster who achieved the third ignition were merely three and the power of the third ignition was something even the great Blood Seeking Celestial had to be careful of.

If the second form was to make it take form, hence the name Avatar Creation. The third was something else that defied the natural laws of nature. The third ignition was a phase that 'breathes life' or forms a link to the flames so he can control it which explains its name, Ascendance or Transcendence.

The Third Ignition had many more names but the term Ascendance or Transcendence stuck around more so than any of the names that had to be.

Normally, ascendance only happens when the flames reach its maximum temperature or had reached a kind of temperature that could burn the entire continent. The Heavenly Flames had long reached such a degree.

But he did not think the second requisite had been met without his knowledge which was deep comprehension of his own flames.

He did not know he knew more about the white flames than what he had reckoned, but he was not so surprised. After all, the Holy Lord bloodline commands the elements and the flame was no different.

Aside from its counterpart, the Hell Flames. He could control most flames to a degree. And so, with his attempt to undergo the second ignition his qi unknowingly flowed at a direction that dictates when he should undergo the third ignition.

He had been concentrating for the past week and right now was at the perfect time to complete the process of making his True Heavenly Flames become something else entirely.