Make A List

Make A List

"I want you to make a list of every surgery that you've dreamed of performing."

"You've grated. This is your present, Cristina."

Teddy's words echo in Cristina's ear as she changes her scrubs, and she starts reheating her dinner.

After the surgery which she let Kepner perform, Teddy had praised her, a lot. And then she had promised her that she would try to find all the complex cardiothoracic surgeries that her heart desired.

So Cristina started making a list.

When Meredith had commented months ago that Teddy was the love of her life, and she'd joked back that her heart was 'in her scalpel,' she'd been playing along as a cover-up, but in fact, it was true. Maybe even more than true.

Teddy had asked her to come up with a list of procedures she wanted them to perform together, and Cristina had made a list alright.

But none of the procedures so far were exactly... Surgical...

"Ooh, is that a bucket list!?" says Meredith excitedly as she half scares Cristina to death by looking over her shoulder.

"Yeah..." says Cristina absently, because there's no point in lying about it.

"Ooh, nice. Oh, that one's really dirty," Meredith giggles, and winks at her. "Is this your wedding present for Owen? Because you two never went on a honeymoon?" says Meredith.

"Something like that," says Cristina vaguely, as she writes down another entry.

"Well good luck with it," says Meredith, before she runs off to find Bailey.

"Thanks..." says Cristina, as she pencils in an even dirtier entry.

Later on, she'll go through this list, and pair it down to what wouldn't make Owen open his eyes too wide, and run for the hills.

And she'd make another list.

A G-rated list.

Of actual surgeries that she'd actually like to perform that she'll actually show to Teddy Altman.

It's her graduation after all.

And she's happy about it.

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN