Volume 1

- Our Perfect Balance

The Fallen Kingdom

I peaked open my eyes as I no longer felt whole. I sat up and saw she was gone. "Again? Where has she gone this time?" I got up, rubbing my eyes and I pulled open my laptop, clicking on different tabs. I received live footage of mortals being rude and miserable. I sighed knowing it would happen before I clicked on a different tab and saw where the tracking pin was.

"Why do you keep going there?" I mumbled under my breath in confusion. I closed the laptop before I walked over to the door of the bedroom. I grabbed the handle and waited for a moment. "Lead me to the ruined castle." I said before I opened the door, stepping out onto cracked stone floors. I sighed heavily before I slowly started to walk forward.

"Always running off as if there will be no consequences." I mumbled, thinking about my energetic, idiotic, lover. I kept walking, my feet pressing against stone and grass until I spotted someone sitting on the grass with short white hair. "There you are.." I mumbled quietly as I walked closer to the backside of the person.

"Yin." I spoke up, making her turn around. "Yang!" They said cheerfully, getting up and running over to me. They handed me a light blue flower, matching the color of her eyes with a smile. "It's called a corn flower, isn't it pretty?" They said holding it out to me. I gently took it before grabbing their ear. "You dumbass, you know what happens to the mortals when we're separated too long." I said, pinching them.

"I'm sorry! I lost track of time." She said, pulling back and rubbing her ear. "I'm sorry.. is everything with them okay?" I shrugged and told them I left the laptop back at the house. "Ah, well, I suppose we can come back here later.." She said, cupping their hands as they glanced around. "What is it about this place that draws you here so much? It's a ruined castle that fell decades ago." I asked, looking around at all the decay and plant growth.

"I'm not sure... Hey, did you know the Queen that ruled over this castle actually had a girlfriend? The girlfriend was secret for a while, and was posed as just her musician until the King found them in bed one day. He ordered for the girl's execution but since the Queen had roots here, and knew the people better, she refused to let that happen. But that led to a massive war which made this castle fall, but the Queen and her girlfriend died together in each other's arms."

I sat back, listening to their long fact about the place. Whenever they can't give me a solid reason, they just tell me a fact about the place or situation. "Yin, it's time to go home. We haven't even eaten yet." I said, holding out my hand to them. They sighed heavily before they walked over and sat their head on my chest. "Okay." I wrapped my arm around them as I carefully led them back to the door I walked out of.

I grabbed the doorknob and waited for a second. "Lead me back home." I said as I opened the door, and walking back into the bedroom with Yin clinging on my arm. I picked up the laptop and checked to see how things were going. "Seems like things are slowly balancing out again." I said before I glanced over at Yin to make sure she walked through the door with me.

"That's good." She said rubbing her eyes. "C'mon, no sleeping. It's morning, and time to eat." She whined as she crawled on the bed and tossed the blanket over her body. "I don't wanna wait for food." I sighed heavily before I walked over to her and pulled the blanket down. "Let's go out then, where do you wanna go?" I said as I slumped down a bit and looked at her soft face.

"Anywhere but Hell's Kitchen." She said, before she sat up and looked down at me. "What's wrong with Hell's Kitchen?" I questioned as it was my favorite place. "Fried bats, creamed squids, I.. I just don't like going there willingly!" She said shaking her head and moving her hands around.

"What about Heavenly Prepared?" I asked, leaning my face to the side. "Yeah! They serve so many good sweets." They said as I began to see drool drip from their chin. "Then let's get changed and go." I said before standing up and going to grab a black hoodie from the closet. I heard the bed creek, I glanced over to see Yin grab a white dress from her closet.

"Yin?" I asked sheepishly. "Yes Yang?" She responded as she faced me, holding the dress. "Do you remember what happened to us?" I asked as I looked over at her. She stared at me before shaking her head. "No, but I do feel some Deja vu from you asking that." She spoke as she placed her hand on her head. "Sorry, I've asked you a while ago." I said with a smile as I waved my hand to them. "Oh, okay." They said before turning around to change clothes. My smile fated as I turned back to my closet.

She still doesn't remember that we died..

"Yin?" I asked sheepishly again. "Yes Yang?" She said, as she was still changing. "Do you know who Pazuzu or Gabriel is?" I questioned, looking at her backside. "Gabriel is an Angel, and.. isn't Pazuzu a demon?" I held my head down as I finished changing "Yeah, Pazuzu is a demon lord."

They're also the reason I can still be with you..

I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you...

Please forgive me....

My sweet Lux, it was my fault our castle fell. Not yours.

"Ready to go?" Yin said as she snapped me out of thought. "Yeah, let's go." I said with a smile as I took her hand and walked out the door with her.