Five Minutes - Oneshot

I do NOT own Hana Yori Dango or any of its characters.

──⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──

She strides slowly down the red-carpet-covered aisle wearing a simple but elegant white dress off-the-shoulder, showing off her flawless skin. Her semi-transparent veil was fastened into a tiara that hides her pretty face, and she carries a bouquet of white tulips combined with lilac.

She walked slowly down the aisle, and a smile appeared on her face when she caught sight of the man waiting for her near the altar. Just a few more steps, and she will hold the hands of the man she loves to exchange her wedding vows.

The figure of a tall man, shielding the sun's rays from the mosaic window, waited for her. As soon as his eyes met hers, he felt his heart skip a beat, and the world stopped spinning.

He longed for that day.

"Makino." Tsukasa called her name softly and gently as she stood directly in front of him.

"Hmm?" she replied dreamily as she looked into his eyes.

"WAKE UP!" he shouted at her.

Tsukushi's eyes widened in surprise. Tsukasa is sitting right next to her, but his face is only an inch away from her. The loving eyes and longing face she had dreamed he would have are no longer visible. In fact, he looked like the opposite of that, annoyed and with a furrowed brow.

"It was just a dream," she murmured disappointedly as she propped her head on the restaurant table.

"What?" Tsukasa asked in shock. "What 'dream' are you talking about?" he wanted to know. "Are you still dreaming about that pop star, Matsumoto? Oi! You'd better stop if you still want to see that guy on TV," he warned her.

Tsukushi looked at him curiously and asked, "What the hell are you saying, Domyouji?"

"Do not play dumb with me, Makino! Do you think I am a stupid brat?" He almost shouted.

"Hell, yes," she replied immediately, whispering so that only she could hear.

"WHAT?!"

"Nothing!"

"ARE YOU REALLY PLAYING DUMB WITH ME, MAKINO?!"

"HOW CAN I POSSIBLY PLAY DUMB WITH YOU WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY DUMB?"

Tsukasa looked stunned at what she had just told him. "I AM REALLY GOING TO KILL THAT MATSUMOTO GUY YOU ARE HAVING A CRUSH ON!"

"BAKA (stupid)," she replied. "THAT GUY DOES NOT EVEN HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH THIS!"

And before he could reply, Rui's voice spoke up. "Are you going to keep arguing every five minutes?" he asked. Judging by the expression on his face, it was easy to see that he had been roused from his sleep.

Both Tsukushi and Tsukasa fell silent and looked in Rui's direction. He was sitting directly opposite Tsukasa's seat. Right next to Rui Hanazawa, Tsukasa's best friend, sat the playboy members of the gang, Soujiro Nishikado and Akira Mimasaka.

"Seriously, how come you two are still together with that attitude?" Asked Soujiro.

"From high school until now, when we graduated from university, you two have not changed at all." Akira added, looking intently at Tsukasa and Tsukushi. He leaned closer to them. "Do you really love each other?"

Tsukushi and Tsukasa exchanged glances.

"Yes. Sure, they love each other!" Retorted Soujiro. "They love to hate each other and annoy each other so much that it annoys us too!" he added quickly, with a lot of sarcasm in his voice. At the sight of Tsukasa's clenched fist and sharp looks, he had to grin. "It's true, Tsukasa. And not just the three of us, but," he looked around at the crowd. "Everyone else in this restaurant thinks so too." He finished.