A Very Long Ride

Author's Note: Alright ya'll, this chapter should come out on Monday the 21st. This should hopefully cover the day (or days) leading up to Elsa going back to Arendelle for game night.

It was a late night, just like the few times we got to talk just to each other. I was sitting next to a fire, all alone. It was almost pitch black beyond that fire. Suddenly, she stepped into the light. It was her, Elsa. Her name was whispered past my ears in the breeze.

"Can I sit here?" She asked me, basically whispering. I simply nodded my head, still starstruck. She sat down close to me on the bench. I felt my heart pounding in my chest.

"...Hi," I barely managed to muster out. She turned her body towards me and grabbed my hands. We made direct eye contact the entire time. I felt cold, but it only seemed to add to the mystical feeling.

"Do you want to kiss me?" She asked. Her voice was soft and I didn't know what to say. I looked at her for a moment longer, but she didn't say anything. She was clearly waiting for me to give her an answer. I swallowed as I felt myself nodding my head. I was basically in a state of euphoria as she leaned in closer to me. I leaned in closer as well. She closed her eyes and so did I. But once my eyes were closed, I heard laughter. The most vile, viscous laughter I had ever heard. I opened my eyes. There was Elsa, laughing up a storm. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. Suddenly, the darkness around us faded and I could see clearly where I was--the same fire surrounded by people as I had been with my old friend long ago. The shame from that night all came rushing back, only adding to the shame I felt with Elsa's laughter echoing in the background. I could see clearly now, I wasn't alone. There was a crowd gathered around me. All with looks of disgust on their faces. They were pointing, sneering.

"No!" I cried out, just like that night long, long ago. I could feel the tears spilling down my face now.

"I'm not! I'm not!" But as I stood there, surrounded by all that I knew and loved, I knew there was no way for me to explain myself. I simply cried as those I cared about cringed at the sight of me, and the one I cared about most, the person who filled all my thoughts since first meeting her, couldn't help but laugh at my feelings. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to face them all. All I could hear now was Elsa's cruel laughter, cutting me deep.

"Honeymaren! Wake up! Quickly! The Reindeer want to stretch their legs!" Ryder shouted before quickly slamming the door he had just entered from, and saving me from my nightmare. I sat up, trying to get a hold of myself. I wiped my cheeks. I had been crying. Ryder was waiting for me, but I knew he could wait. If I wasn't there fast enough, I'm sure he would start talking to the reindeer for company. I let out a small laugh at the thought while I quickly grabbed my journal and started writing. I still felt a little shaky as I was finished, but I knew there was no way I could take the day off. The reindeer needed their walk around the forest and there was no way for one person to do it alone. It was starting to get colder outside, so I bundled up as I changed by adding a few extra layers. I opened my bedroom door and was greeted by a cold gust of wind to the face. I waved my left arm in the air as if swatting a fly.

"Come on, Gale, didn't we work things out?" I said in a teasing tone. I heard the flitter that meant the spirit was near and laughed. I closed my door and made my way through the village. It was peaceful and quiet. I loved it. There was something so surreal about walking through the village, usually bustling with people, now empty and silent. It was beautiful this time of year. It seems, coincidentally, that with Elsa came an early winter. It had only been a few days but already the leaves had fallen and the ground was covered with a fresh bank of snow. I thought back to that story Olaf was telling us about that giant winter storm Elsa had caused during the middle of summer. It got me wondering just what she was capable of. My thoughts were rudely interrupted by the sound of a door slamming. I turned around and behind me I saw two people talking. One of them I immediately recognized as Elsa, the only person who would be wearing a dress in the freezing cold, but the other person seemed so largely covered up that I couldn't tell who they were. Their face was shrouded by a large hat and coat. They seemed to be holding a large basket, but they also had a satchel or two on their shoulders. Wherever this person was going, they were planning on staying. I saw Elsa point them in one direction and the mysterious person marched off. I realized I had been staring at their private conversation, so I was about to turn back around when Elsa saw me and waved. I waved back and Elsa rushed over to meet me.