5. I'm not smiling

I reached over for my beach bag that was hanging over the grey chair that was carefully placed in the corner of my room. Opening it up slowly I checked its contents, sunscreen, glasses, headphones and a book. Perfect. I walked over to the minifridge under the tv and grabbed a water bottle and shoved it down in my bag. I grabbed the key card to my room and walked out the door only to look down to my feet and realize I forgot my shoes. Running back inside I started looking for my shoes. My mind wandered over to the Robertson's family trip. I could imagine them walking around, Mrs. Robertson taking pictures of all of them, the sea breeze running through Jacks hair. There, my shoes was placed under the small table placed on the balcony. I grabbed them in my hand and left the room. My family was waiting for me down at the beach, I hurried down to join them.

Jack Robertson pov.

The stairwell was so narrow, a such cramped tower, a burning high 90'degree and a sweating family, great. He was walking first, almost racing Will up the stairs. A sudden breeze of seaweed and salt hit him amongst a wave of heat as he climbed up the final steps of the narrow stairwell.

The view from the lighthouse was .... Just breathtaking. The sound of crashing waves, seagulls screaming and children playing in the far distance felt somewhat peaceful. Jack pulled out his phone and walked to the outside deck of the lighthouse. In the far distance he could see their hotel and the beach, Mar and her family was probably one of those tiny ant familys on the beach. I thought about her for a second, the long blonde hair, her dimples and those freckles. She was not my type of girl at all, if he even had one. But she was different and interesting, she was someone new.

"Guys let's take a selfie!" Diana Robertson said as the small family of four squeezed together for a selfie with the ocean as their backdrop. Unwillingly both me and Will smiled. Keeping the parents happy was the key to success during a summer break, everyone knew that. After the very much way too long mediocre photoshoot we finally start heading down the tower again.

"Are we heading to the beach or the pool?" I asked my family. Either was honestly good with me. The pool is awesome for tanning and relaxing but the beach is more fun and more stuff happens there. A certain someone being on the beach is just a bonus, but iḿ not gonna think about that.

"Beach! I want to try my new skimboard, the waves looked perfect from the tower" Will was determined and ready to go.

"Its settled then, beach we go" My dad confirmed as we got in our black SUV rental in the parking lot.

...

The sand is so hot its painful to walk on, but theres no point in wearing the flip flops as they just keep on getting stuck in the sand as I try to make my way back to my parents. We luckily found a free spot, the beach is packed with people. I just picked up two cokes for me and Will over by the food trucks. Definitely an essential in this heatwave.

In the middle of the crowd I spotted a blonde, she was wearing a turquoise bikini that i'm sure matched her blue eyes perfectly. I walked past her family pretending I didn't see them, would be akward if she caught me staring.

"Will is that you?" A familiar voice asked. I lifted my baseball cap and nodded.

"Yes m'am! Just grabbing som drinks for the family! Enjoying the beach?" I politely asked Mrs. Green and smiled at her.

"Isnt the weather just amazing today? We've been here for a few hours! Such a delight today, right girls?" She looked over at her daughters . Mar was obviously looking away and just nodded agreeingly.

"Jack is Will here too? He promised to show us his skimboard!" The two youngest almost screamed at me in excitement. I think their names were Louise and Elle or something.