Prompt Writing

Today's the day. My final day. The last day ever! I'm finished. I'll never have to go back! I waltz up to the stage with a triumphant smirk on my charming face. Finally no more school.

The Principal, Mr Oliver, has a proud smile on his face. As he should. I won. Mr Oliver shakes my hand and slaps my back as I turn to the gigantic audience with my certificate in hand. My certificate.

Cheering could be heard along with the booming applause as I slowly, but surely walked back to my seat. I won the school dux.

"Nice going Anthony! Always knew you could do it." Spencer shouts at me over the deafening claps of the audience. I just smile evilly in reply. Everyone knew I would win.

The graduation was a blast. Dozens of students, teachers and parents congratulated me on my achievement. As expected. I've always been bright, but this last year of high school has definitely been my best.

As I left the foyer (where afternoon tea was served), I made my way to the males bathroom.

When I enter I notice no one in there. Good.

Slowly striding towards the mirror to admire my gorgeous sun-kissed skin. Plus my silky head of sandy blond locks, my piercing ice blue eyes.

I look so pale. Almost white. My stunning hair! Why has it turned grey?! How long has it been like this?

I splash chilling water on my face and rub my eyes hard. Trying to erase this shocking image of my imagination. But to my distress my zombie appearance does not change...

269 words