sukuna. 箱(1)

⚠️ explicit content ahead! ⚠️
fanmade and purely fictional, please do not quote me on "facts" you know
and lowercase intended.
y/n = your name

☝️✌️🖖

how do you define evil? how do you define a reality made evil because of truth? if everything goes by the principle of relativity, how can you say which one is evil and which one isn't?

"the world was simply unkind to him."

'to be the topic of discussion, he's oddly quiet.' gojo satoru noted as he lazily places his chin on his right palm, all the while stared at the slender women standing in front of the lecture hall. it didn't also go unnoticed by him that the three freshmen were completely enthralled by the topic. how can she make it so captivating without making the sorcerers disgusted at the thought?

"but he's just a myth, right?" one of the university students asked.

y/n smiled slightly, blinked for a second or two, and nodded her head. "that's right."

"but," another student interjected, a thought sprouting from his lips. "myths are born from actual events. these myths are the cornerstones of our history, after all. japan history."

y/n tilted her head, blinked for a second, and began once again. "there's very little known about the ryomen sukuna. and depending on the translation of the passages you're reading, they vary - some were translated literally, others took the passages and romanticize them. there are also others named sukuna mentioned in nihongi so be careful when you finished your final papers for this week."

gojo internally sighed, bored out of his mind.

the three with him, however, were focused on what the young-looking professor has to impart.

'he's awfully quiet.' gojo looked at the ancient clock by the side and then at itadori yuji. no response, whatsoever. he was expecting to coax at least ann eyeroll from those 3rd and 4th eyes but nothing.

"his origin was unknown and he just sprung forth in society as the founding patron of the senko-ji and zenkyu-ji temples. he introduced buddhism to hida provinces and he was widely worshipped even up to mino province - both provinces are now in present-day gifu prefecture. his tales mostly consists fighting battles against the yamato imperial house and protecting his small village."

y/n moved to sit on a chair in the middle of the platform, the heels of her leather shoes clicked against the tiled floor. it was deafening to gojo for some reason.

"a seated ryomen sukuna is a symbol of a faith specific to the hida religion."

it took some time, but nobara snapped out from her trance. gojo smirked. '1 down,' he thought.

"there in hida, he found home. he made a family." y/n kept on.

"but the family was taken away from him." a student said.

y/n clapped her hands together once. "romanticizing, remember? according to local legends in gifu prefecture, after he was ambushed by take furukuma, his wife, enku, was taken away by the imperial army and then released afterwards, but only to be given to a group of religious people to be used in kudoku."

"what is kudoku?" one student asked.

y/n raised a brow and tilted her head up, seemingly thinking.

"traditionally, kudoku is a form of poisonous sorcery. they would put insects in a jar and naturally, they will fight one another and until only one remains. this insect will then be used as a poison if you wish to kill somehow. sometimes, sorcerers use it as a charm to ward off evil."