Why?

Hayes had insisted he drove Meredith home. It didn't take much convincing on his end. The drive was quite up until he had to ask if she wanted to go to his house or her's.

"Want me to just uh- I- drop you off at your house?" Meredith look's over at him from the passenger's seat. The car is dark as it's nearly midnight. "Or you could uh- you could come back to my house..." the sentence came out more as a statement with a tang of question rather than an offer. He internally kicks himself for acting so stupid.

"Is that an invitation?" Meredith questions hearing the uncertainty in his voice. He nods continuing to drive. "I'd love to Hayes." She states, her voice soft laced with tiredness. He is quick to change the lane he is in to the one he need to get to his home. His home. His home that he is bring Meredith Grey to. His home where his kids live. His home that is decorated with wedding pictures, and pictures of Abigail with the kids. He is quick to feel scared, nervous. He isn't sure but he feels it.

"The boys are at their aunts... you uh- just to let you know." The car is silent for a second he can feel Meredith's gaze on him as his hands shake with nerves. "I'm- not- oh god- no! Not like that I- I'm not trying to get you- fuck me." Hayes stumbles on his thought. Meredith chuckles lacing her hand with his that sits in the center console. She pulls his hand to rest with hers in her lap. Her thumb caressing the back of his hand.

"Breathe Hayes... I wouldn't sleep with you right now anyway." She lightly teases him. He makes a dramatic hurt face. "Why?" He questions. She shrugs in response as they pull into his drive way. "We're here." She nods at his words looking at the outside of his house. She couldn't make out much because it's late but it seems nice.

     _____________________________

Meredith is sitting on Hayes' kitchen counter sipping a cup of water in his button down blue shirt. She loves when he wears this shit, Meredith is convinced it makes his eyes bluer. Looking out the window to her left Meredith is startled by a sound from her right. She whips her head in the direction immediately. "Jesus hayes." She mumbles. He chuckles observing her, as she does the same. "What are you doing up?" Meredith question.

"Couldn't sleep... you?" He fires back the same question she asked of him. "Told you I'd take the couch." He says filling a cup of water for himself. Meredith shakes her head.

"Couldn't sleep. The couch is fine Hayes." She yells him for what she swears is the five millionth time. He nods leaning against the counter across from her. Both looking at each other's figure. His grey sweatpants sit low on his hips, he lacks a shirt and she wants nothing more than to run her hand over his abs. He looks at Meredith his light blue shirt is too big for her covering just about everything until she raises her arms when then he gets a glimpse of the lace black panties she has on. The shirt is buttoned up until just above her breasts. She looks perfect however he can't help but think she'd look better with it off. He steps closer to her.

"You're beautiful." He whispers abandoning his glass of water on the counter. She smiles and even though it's dark he sees her cheeks flush slightly. "My shirt looks..." he steps closer now stand closer enough to reach her. His shirt slides down her arm exposing her shoulder. He mentally notes her lack of a bra strap. His hand comes to the caller of the shirt, his hand barley brushing her skin as he pulls it back up. "Perfect on you. Don't think I've seen you in anything more attractive." He confesses. They both know that's not completely true. He is head over heels for Meredith, anything she wears is perfect but it was something about her in his clothes, on his counter, in his home, his reach that made him go a little haywire.

Her skin crawls with goosebumps, desire, damnit need. She needs more. She needs to feel his lips on hers again, even if it is completely unprofessional and nonetheless wrong. It is wrong for her to feel this way for the chief of peds... to want his hand on her skin, to want his tongue in her mouth. It is wrong and they know it but goddamn him. Goddamn the rules. She's never been one to follow them anyway.

"Hayes." She whispers. Nearly calling him to her. His response is a hum. A soft throaty sound she would have never been blessed to hear unless she had agreed to go to that stupid party. God she's thankful she did. She opens her legs slightly, just enough to accommodate for his body between them. He steps forward his hands meeting her sides as hers rest on his muscular chest.

"Why don't you ever say my name?" He questions looking in her eyes. "What?" She was caught off guard at his question. His hand comes to her cheek cupping it before he leans forward pressing his lips to hers. He kisses her once immediately taking her bottom lip between his teeth only to pull back.

"I said why don't you ever say my name?" He repeats. His voice becoming deeper, his accent thicker, Jesus Christ if she wasn't turned on before she in now. She shrugs as his hand slowly move down her to her thighs. His thick hands grip them he is careful enough to leave no marks but firm enough to gain a reaction form Meredith.

"Always thought it was too personal I guess." She replies flirtatiously as he messes with the hem of the shirt she has on. "Hm." He replies. She smiles watching him. "Say it." He commands. Her eye brows raise.

"Say my name Meredith... I want to hear you say my name."