Chapter Five

"I don't know what it was. it was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball," scott began as him stiles and eve walked through the woods to find scott's inhaler. "and that's not the only weird thing. i can... hear stuff i shouldn't be able to hear. smell things."

"smell things? like what?" stiles asked.

"Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket and the strawberry chapstick in eve's purse." scott replied.

"I don't even have any mint mojito-" Stiles stopped when he pulled out a half eaten piece of gum from his pocket and eve pulled out a tube of chapstick from her purse.

"so all this started with a bite?" stiles asked.

"what if it's like an infection, like my body's pumping with adrenaline before i go into shock, or something." scott suggested.

"but I got bit too, why isn't any of it happening to me?" eve asked.

"i don't know" scott shook his head.

"you know what? I actually think I've heard of this-it's a specific kind of infection." stiles began.

"are you serious?" Scott asked as the trio stopped walking.

"yeah," stiles nodded. "yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy." stiles said making eve hold in a laugh.

"what's that? is that bad?" scott asked completely believing stiles.

"oh, yeah, its the worst," eve added, playing along with stiles's joke.

"but only once a month," said.

"once a month?" scott asked confused.

"on the night of the full moon" eve said, she and stiles imitating wolves howling.

"hey, guys," scott groaned, as the three of them began to walk again.

"hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling." stiles said.

"hey, eve and I both heard the howling, plus there could be something seriously wrong with me." scott argued.

"I known! you're a werewolf!" stiles shouted imitating a werewolf growl. "okay, obviously I'm kidding. but if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause fridays a full moon." stiles said as the trio stopped walking, scott looking around.

"no, I-I could have sworn this was it. we saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler," Scott explained as he bent down and started to look through the leaves.

"maybe the killer moved the body," eve suggested.

"if he did i hope he left my inhaler. those things are like eighty bucks." scott said.

eve noticed a man in all black standing a few feet away from them. she tugged in stiles's hoodie sleeve and nodded towards the man. stiles then tapped scott on the shoulder who then stood up beside eve and stiles.

"what are you doing here?" the man asked as he approached the trio. "huh? this is private property."

"uh, sorry, man, we didn't know." stiles apologized.

"yeah, we were just looking for something, but... forget it," scott added.

the man then tossed dcott his inhaler, who caught it with ease, the man then walking away.

"all right, I gotta get to work," scott said turning to walk away but stiles stopped him.

"dude, that was derek hale," stiles said "remember he's only like a few years older than us."

"right, his family burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago." eve added.

"I wonder what he's doing back."