16- George's nightmare

George woke up with a sudden gasp of air. He looked around the room and was surprised to be at his old apartment. Why did Dream take me back here? He felt a cold draft from the open window and snuggled up into his blanket even more.

George was so close to getting back to sleep when a bang at the door made him jump up. Dream? George thought. Who else would be here in the middle of the night?

He got up and walked cautiously to the front door. 

'Bang, bang, bang' the person knocked loudly at the door.

"I'm coming, Dream!" George got to the door and swung it open, excited to see Dream again even though he had only just seen him. But George's smile faded into a terrified expression when he saw who it really was.

A tall man with ginger hair and a black eye from where Dream had punched him. George slowly backed up.

"It's you." George whispered, barely loud enough for the man to hear.

He only smirked in response before running at George and grabbing him.

----------

George woke up with wide, teary eyes and immediately sat up. He started hyperventilating uncontrollably, on the verge of having a panic attack.

"Calm down George. It's okay, I'm here." Dream hushed him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

George's breathing started to steady.

"That's right. Deep breaths." Dream said, making deep breaths himself for George to go along to. "Did you have a bad dream? I heard you talking in your sleep."

George just nodded and lied back down, facing away from Dream. As much as he wanted to cuddle up to him, he was embarrassed at how baby-ish he must have seemed.

Quickly he managed to get to sleep again but it only took another half an hour until he was awake again, hyperventilating. 

Dream shot up ready to comfort George, holding and rubbing his hand firmly until George turned and faced away from him again.

This happened a few more times: George has a nightmare, Dream comforts him, he goes back to sleep, facing away from Dream.

That was until he woke up for the fifth time that night, all sweaty from nerves. He waited for Dream's touch but it never came. Dream was fast asleep next to him, snoring quietly.

George didn't know what to do. There was no one there to comfort him back to sleep so he just sat fidgeting nervously. After a minute he decided to go back to sleep. But, boy was that a bad idea. Having his back to Dream, alone with his thoughts only made things worse.

A few more minutes passed and Dream woke up to the sound of soft sobbing. 

"Oh George." Dream put a hand on his back.

George rolled around to face Dream. He let out a sigh. He didn't even care about the embarrassment anymore. He just wanted to sleep with comfort. George shuffled over to Dream and snuggled his head into his T-shirt, smelling his sweet vanilla scent. Before Dream could say anything else, George had drifted off to sleep.

-------------Time skip to morning-------------

As soon as Dream started getting up, George stirred at the movement.

"Dream?" George mumbled tiredly. Dream cursed in his head for waking George up.

"Yes Georgie?" Dream's voice was soft and reassuring.

"What time is it?"

"10:30. But you should get some more sleep. You barely slept at all last night."

"No I want to get up with you. If you aren't here I'll just have another nightmare." Before Dream could protest, George had already flung the covers off. "Can we not tell the others about what happened at the party yet? I just don't want to make it a big fuss."

"Of course. I wont tell them unless you want me too."

They walked together to the kitchen where Karl was making eggs and bacon.

"Oh hey guys! Where did you go off to last night?"

"We just felt a little buzzed and left early. I texted each of you to tell you." Dream replied.

"Okay." Karl handed them each a glass of funny looking juice. "It's grapefruit juice. I heard it was a great hangover cure."

It really is btw. It clenches your thirst really well but it does tastes disgusting in my opinion.

"What's that?" Karl pointed at a mark on George's arm. It was where the man had grabbed him, making a horrible purple bruise and some nail marks that had punctured the skin.

George was quick to cover it up with his other hand but he didn't say anything.

Dream spoke for George. "It's nothing, don't worry." 

Karl nodded but still looked worried. he didn't say anything else because George was clearly uncomfortable and he didn't want to overstep his boundaries.

Once the eggs and bacon were done, Dream and George took their plates to the living room to watch TV. When they got there they saw Sapnap sleeping on on of the couches, taking up the whole thing. He must have fallen asleep while watching the TV.

--------------Time skip--------------

George was now asleep, lying down on the couch, leaving just enough room for Dream to sit on the end. Quackity had joined them to watch TV and was sitting on the armchair. He kept complaining that the TV wasn't loud enough but Dream would say the same thing each time:

"Shhhh, I don't want to wake up George."

Karl came into the room, handing Quackity his plate of eggs and bacon before looking around for a place to sit. Everywhere was taken.

"Why is everyone taking up so much space?" Karl complained, only to be hushed by Dream. "Why can't George sleep in his own bed?" The brunette whispered.

"Why doesn't Sapnap?"

"Because Sap is always grumpy when he gets woken up."

"Especially when he's hungover" Quackity added. It was a fair point.

"Well I don't want to wake George up. He didn't get much sleep last night."

"None of us did. We were all at that party you know." Quackity argued.

Dream sighed. He knew he couldn't win this argument without telling them what happened the night before so he hesitantly shook George awake.

"mph" George groaned.

"Hey George. Why don't you sleep in your own bed?"

George sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Oh I didn't mean to fall asleep. I'll stay here with you guys and watch TV." George smiled at him. "Why is the TV so quiet?"

Damn it, Karl!

~1036 words~

#1 in georgenotfounf !!!! (I got the spelling wrong don't come for me)

Emoji: 🧼

-Esme <3