Chapter 3

Xanxus and Squlo have seen alot of messed-up shit. It kind of comes in the job of being assassins and all. When they got to the base where the famiglia was operating at It was normal for the mafia. Xanxus really didn't care about those scum, though. He just wanted to blow off some steam and then have a good glass of wine.

He does not expect when he is blowing through the base and kills the final one in the hallway. To find a door to a totally soundproof and flame leakproof room. I signed to squalo to stop maybe danger. He does. I throw open the door and what I find appals me. There is a little girl that looks drenched and way too skinny. I feel massive amounts of sky and cloud flame rolling off of her. There is a man. Lighting by the looks of it, trying to force a bond with her. She is screaming as the invading flames try to tear a piece of her soul for themselves. She is struggling and trying to pull her flames back.

My gun is out before I know it, and the man is dead on the floor. There is blood on her face. I take the sight in again and realize that they have been waterboarding her in hopes that she lost control of her flames. From the kid's looks, it seems that she hasn't eaten or had anything to drink other than the water that they have been forcing down her throat with the waterboarding. She probably wasn't even in her right mind right now.

"Squalo, that was the last one, right. "

" Yeah, that's right, boss."

I walk forward slightly. She snaps her head up and tries to glare. Oh, she is snarling now and showing her teeth.

I growl myself and say, "Stop it, kid, your safe. It will be ok. I am gonna free you." I take my gun and fire four shots rapidly at the chains attached to each of her limbs.

There is a snap as the chains that held her downfall to the ground. She slumps forward and groans.

I take another step. She looks on warily, the cloud in her becoming more prominent. Dancing around the room singing of freedom and relief but wariness of are you gonna chain me again.

I am about a foot away from her now. I ask in English, " What's your name, kid?"

She tilts her head and looks at me questioningly as I am about to try another langue. She speaks, "Freak, I am Freak." squalo makes something of a pained noise.

" No, your not," I say in my low rumbling voice.

" What am I?" she questioned. A look of fear crosses her face, and she cries, " Freak is sorry, I didn't mean to ask questions. Please don't hurt me."

" Stop. " she freezes " I am not mad. I won't hurt you. " I slowly drop to a knee in front of the chair she was kept in.

" Your not a freak. You are ..." I look at her and her mannerisms, and they remind me of an abused wolf pup. " You are pup. Questions are good. I am not mad."

" Me pup." She chorused.

" You are pup," I repeat.

" I am pup," she said with wonder.

I slowly open my arms and pull her into my arms. She flinches but relaxes in my hold. I slowly let go of the flames that I have kept under wraps since I felt cloud flames coming from this room. She gasps, and her flames come flying out of her little body. Her cloud weaving with my sky and her sky mixing with my storm. I am barely conscious when it is done, and I can tell pup. My sky and My cloud. Is passed out on top of me.

I hear " VOI what the fuck boss," from my rain, but I really don't care. Flame Drunk, I realize. That is how I feel.

" Squlo, contact Mammon and Lussuria. I have a cloud and a sky."

I hear more yelling from squalo, but I am out cold before making out what he said.