𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄.

"DO YOU EVEN know what dye color you're gonna get?" Yuji asked you, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I dunno, I thought we could just bleach it and it'd turn blonde." You replied, picking at your nail polish.

"What type of blonde are you looking for?"

"How many types of blonde are there?" You said, causing Yuji to pause and rub his temples.

"A lot, y/n. A lot."

"Mmcht fine, lemme look it up." You said, and opened Pinterest to look up 'cute black girls blonde hair'. "Ooohh, maybe this honey blonde?" You showed him the screenshot you took, and he nodded.

"You're just doing a skunk stripe, right?"

"Yessir."

Nearing the beauty supply shop, you adjusted the red satin scarf tighter around your hair and hopped out, throwing your backpack purse over your shoulder.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Does it really matter if we get cream or liquid?" You asked Yuji as the two of you walked around the box dye section of the store.

"Definitely cream, it's easier to work with. Especially if you're doing small sect-" He started to reply, but stopped when he noticed you struggling to hold in your laughter. "Stop being so debauched."

"Huh?" You asked, rubbing your eye.

"It means dirty-minded. I think."

"Nigga no it doesn't." You said, causing the two of you to start laughing. "Wait hollon, someone's spamming my phone." You dug your phone out of the pocket of your sweatpants and unlocked it to see almost twenty texts from Nobara.

𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘣𝘪𝘮𝘣𝘰👩🏼‍🦰🙄

y/n

i want food

preferably popeyes

or five guys

tell yuji to stop somewhere

or else i won't help you do your hair

please 

thank you

okay bye now

also if you go to popeyes i want the popcorn shrimp

and orange fanta

and beans

ily

bye

not you extorting me...

but i'll tell yuji

would you like to make any more demands now that you have my attention⁉️

ooohh yes now that you mention it

🙄

i would appreciate some cookie dough ice cream

DON'T ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME

anyways i'll see you guys when you get back

uh huh

byeee

"Nobara wants Popeyes, can we stop there on the way back?" You asked Yuji, sliding your phone back into your pocket.

"Can't you just tell her no?" He whined, worried he was gonna go broke if he had to keep feeding you and Nobara every time you brought her around.

"She said that she'd refuse to do my hair if we didn't buy her something. And I'll pay for it, don't worry." You reassured him, nearly reading his mind.

"I dunno why you're trusting her with your hair anyways. She can't even bleach her own hair correctly without turning it orange."

"That's why I trust her. She already knows what mistakes not to make."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"NOBARA! WE'RE HOME!" You shouted, running into the front door before tripping and hitting your head on the wall.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Yuji asked, dropping his bags to help you back up.

"She's fine!" Nobara called out from the living room. "Did you guys get everything?"

"Yes ma'am." You said, grabbing the bag with the dye with one hand and using Yuji's shoulder to support yourself with the other. "Honey blonde hair dye, 30 developer, and anti-yellow bleach so my hair doesn't come out like yours."

"I wouldn't insult the person who's gonna be putting damaging chemicals in your hair if I were you," Nobara responded, yanking the bag from your hands and giving you an ice pack.

"You right, my bad. Anyways, hurry up and eat so we can get started on my hair. I have work tomorrow." You said, slumping into a chair. During the week, you worked at a bakery in downtown Seattle in the mornings and took college classes in the afternoon. You met Yuji in high school through your mutual friend Nobara and quickly bonded over your shared interest in fashion. After you graduated, he quickly found work as a model, and you went to college to become a fashion designer (with financial help from Yuji).

"Wait Yuji, do you dye your hair?" You asked as you stole one of Nobara's shrimp. "I just realized you never mentioned hair dye in front of me even though your hair's pink, and we've been dating for three years."

"Oh yea, y/n's got a point. I've known you for twice as long and I still never heard you talk about it. You're Japanese like me, so don't try and tell us it's natural!"

"But it is natural, even my dad had pink hair when he was alive."

"Huh, that's weird. You hear that y/n? If you guys have a kid, it might pop out with pink hair!"

"Ugh, shut up Nobara! Stop talking and finish eating so we can do my hair."

i finally updated something!💃🏾🕺🏾

thoughts?

i honestly don't like this chapter at all. but i felt guilty for not updating, so give me as much constructive criticism as you want.