BF x GF Coffee Shop AU

Boyfriend was a young man that worked in a coffee shop. He was still in college, and had gotten a job to help pay his tuition. Every morning, he would arrive to the shop at 6:00 AM to prepare it for customers. He would usually sweep it, set tables, and flip the "Closed" sign at 7:00 AM. Boyfriend is in charge of taking orders from customers at the cash register. He also never turns down overtime, because he needs the money.

Boyfriend's closest co worker was Pico, a friend he had met over the summer. Pico was the more laid back one of the two, while Boyfriend wasn't as easy going. Despite this, the two of them got along really well. One day, when Boyfriend had just given a customer their coffee and watched them leave, his heart skipped a beat as he saw a very pretty girl walk in. She had long, curly auburn hair and large, but soft eyes. Boyfriend didn't believe in love at first sight, so he shook the feeling off, concluding that she was just pretty to him. However, when she approached him, he couldn't even hear what she was asking for; he was just lovestruck at her smooth voice. Boyfriend stared at her with his mouth slightly gaped open.

"Hello?" The girl asked.

"Huh? Oh! Sorry, could you repeat that?" Boyfriend said, embarrassed. Instead of getting annoyed, the girl giggled.

"Sure. I'll have a medium Mocha Frappuccino." She said.

"Okay. What's your name?" Boyfriend asked.

The girl looked away in embarrassment.

"It's, uh... Girlfriend." She said, and then laughed awkwardly. "Strange, isn't it?"

Boyfriend was shocked at this coincidence.

"Not at all! My name is actually Boyfriend!" He said. Girlfriend looked surprised for a moment.

"Oh! That's quite the coincidence." She said.

"Yeah." Boyfriend said. He went to go make her frappuccino. When he was done, he handed it to her. "There you go, Ms. Girlfriend." He said. His heart fluttered as he heard her giggle again.

"Thank you, Mr. Boyfriend!" She replied. Girlfriend took her drink, and waved at Boyfriend as she left. Pico had just gotten out of the bathroom. He noticed that Boyfriend's entire face had gone red.

"What's wrong with you?" Pico asked. Boyfriend slowly turned to him, smiling.

"I just had a conversation with a girl!" He said. Pico was still confused as to why this was such an accomplishment to him.

"Okay...?" He replied.

The rest of the day, Boyfriend couldn't get his mind off of the girl that entered the shop.

"I should have gotten her number..." He said as he was wiping off the counter. "Maybe not... We only spoke once, so I don't think she would want some stranger's number right away." He reasoned with himself. Quite sure that he would never see Girlfriend again, Boyfriend left the shop and went home with nothing on his mind. However, the next day, he was surprised as he saw her again. Girlfriend entered the shop and greeted him. He greeted her back. "Do you want the same thing as yesterday?" He asked. She nodded, and he got it ready. After she had taken her coffee and paid for it, Boyfriend stared at her as she left with a wide grin on his face.

"That's the girl you were talking about yesterday?" Pico asked. Boyfriend jumped a bit and turned to Pico.

"Yeah." He said.

"I think she goes to the same school as us." Pico said.

"Really?" Boyfriend asked. Pico nodded.

"She's in a different course, so I've only seen her around campus." He explained.

"Do you think I have a chance to ask her out at school?" Boyfriend asked.