Sarv x Ruv Math Tutor AU

Ruv was a college student that did well in most of his classes. He wasn't relatively bad at math, but he did have problems with it. Ruv had a low B in his math class, and though that wasn't a failing grade, his parents kept urging him to try to do better. They would not stop bugging him about it, so when he decided to put in more effort, his math grade only raised by one point. It wasn't even a B+. Ruv didn't care about this, though. That is why he was surprised and a bit angry when he discovered his parents hired a math tutor for him.

"She's supposed to be seeing you this afternoon." Said his mother over the phone.

"I don't need--" 

"Try to be patient with her, sweetie. Bye now!" His mother interrupted him and hung up. Ruv sighed and set his phone down. He had been studying for an hour until he heard knocking on his dorm door at 6:00. He ignored it. The knocking continued. Ruv didn't mind. It was now 6:15, and the person on the other side of the door was still knocking like the police. Ruv groaned, giving in, and went to answer the door. He opened it and had saw a medium height girl with long curly pink hair, a pink sweater, and black stockings on. Ruv was going to yell at whoever he saw when he opened the door, but didn't. 

"I'm your math tutor, Sarvente! I don't like formalities, so you can just call me Sarv. You're Ruvyzvat, right?" She asked.

"Yeah..." Ruv said, staring at her. He felt like he had seen her before; he even recognized the name "Sarv" from somewhere. 

"So...are you going to let me in, or..." Sarv asked. 

"Oh! Yeah..." Ruv said, moving out of the way and allowing Sarv to enter his dorm. They sat down at his desk, and Ruv got out his math textbook. He showed Sarv problems he had trouble with, and her explanations were actually really clear to understand. She helped Ruv solve some questions, and then let him do them on his own. He learned fast from her. As much as he hated-- and I mean hated  to admit it, Ruv was pretty sure he would enjoy having her as a tutor. There was also a strange feeling he got around her. It was a feeling of nostalgia; like he had seen that smile somewhere before. She waved him goodbye as she left, and Ruv went to lay in his bed to try to remember where he had seen her earlier.

Two weeks of tutoring later, there was an upcoming final. Ruv, of course, studied day and night for this, and Sarv helped him to understand what was going to be on the test. He recognized her more as he saw her more. Ruv remembered that he met someone in his old neighborhood. Before he moved, this friend gave him the nickname Ruv, and that was what he went by. That day, when he was done studying, he lied in his bed again, thinking about Sarv. One of the only things that he remembered about his childhood friend was that her name started with an S. 

"It could be anyone... A Samantha, a Sally... So what makes me think it's her?" Ruv asked himself. He sat up and started reading a book. "Whatever." 

The day of the test, Ruv knew every question due to Sarv's assistance. When everyone was done, they headed back to their dorms. Ruv couldn't find his jacket, so he looked in his not completely unpacked suitcase for it. When he found his jacket, Ruv picked it up, and a small piece of paper fell under it. Ruv picked it up. It was a torn picture of none other than a five year old Sarv. 

"It is her." He said. That evening, Ruv decided to thank Sarv by taking her out to dinner. He called her.

"Hello?" Sarv asked.

Ruv blushed as he heard her voice.

"It's me, Ruvyzvat." Ruv said.

"Oh, hi! How did the test go?" Sarv asked.

"It went well... Listen, I know I'm practically your student, but, do you want me to buy you dinner? You know, as thanks..?" He asked nervously.

"Sure! I'm glad the test went well! I'll see you in fifteen minutes!" She said. Sarv hung up, and got ready. 

Ruv stared at the picture of young Sarv while waiting for her. He decided he would ask if she remembered him during their outing. Sarv showed up at his dorm, and they went to a pizza place. 

"Thank you for taking me here!" Sarv said. 

"Thanks for helping me raise my math grade." Ruv replied. He reached into his jacket. "I'll just get straight to the point." He said, and then took out the picture. He showed it to Sarv. "I recognized you when I first saw you, and then found this picture. Do you remember me?" He asked. Sarv smiled, and reached into her pocket.

"Of course I do," She began, and then got out a torn picture of a five year old Ruv, "Ruv." The picture she had was the other half to Ruv's picture. They put the pictures on the table.

"It's been a while." Ruv said.

"Yeah, it has. When you moved, I never thought I'd see you again." Sarv said. "And now..." She began, tearing up.

"Sarv?" Ruv asked.

"I'm sorry... I'm just really glad you remember me." Sarv said.

"Me too." Ruv said. When they paid for their pizza, they left. Ruv drove Sarv back to her house. 

"Ruv?" Sarv asked. Ruv turned to her, and was caught off guard as she kissed him. She giggled as she got out of his car and saw how flustered he was at her little parting gift.