The thirty-fourth chapter

--------------------------------------------

(Yo! Garcello art! I haven't done this in a while! Also... This is a reference to atsuover's Twitter account, the creator of the Garcello mod, duh! He is trying to steal from your fridge!)

(TW: The collar is back in this one because they got to question him about it. So this will be a warning for implied abuse. If you seem to be uncomfortable then good! You are a human and that is a good thing! Please continue with caution!)

--------------------------------------------

Y/N pov.

There they are all four of them... Brutus came in after Alex without anyone noticing and is now hovering behind Alex who is sitting on the chair. The special things that had been picked as specifically interesting to me and Garcello was in front of us.

Adam was leaning on the wall and Colin was by the table looking at the things with tears. Garcello was standing beside Colin and I was beside Garcello.

The first thing I wanted to question was the toolbox... What was in it?

"What is in the toolbox, Alex?" I ask him looking right at him. He seems to jolt a little from the question and his face turns into a small frown looking away.

He makes some weird sound that I...

I think he is laughing...

"I... It's embarrassing... It's a little outfit I used to work in..." Alex tells me putting his eyes on the box smiling slightly. His face seemed to have a slight redness to it.

"That's not important though, it's the other things that are more important..." He tells me.

"Where did you go, Brutus? We got worried for a moment there..." Garcello speaks up questioning the tall Brutus.

"I figured out that I can leave this place as long as I am with someone who I protect. Alex is the one I want to protect..." Brutus says answering the question with a small smile, something I haven't seen before.

"I have been wanting to ask you another question... Why did you scare us in our bedroom with a cigarette?" He asks making me feel slightly jealous about how good he is at asking questions...

"I... I don't know? Sometimes we demons just know what to do... It's kinda in our nature to know what a person is scared of..." Brutus admits to us looking away like he was embarrassed for what he did.

"I didn't want to scare you but it's kinda what I have to feed on..." He continues talking and what he says makes me wonder something...

"I've seen demons before... But not anyone like you... They have all looked more human and they have no horns or wings as you do... How does that work?" I ask Brutus not really knowing if Brutus even has an answer to it.

"When a demon is able to successfully get to the surface without permission from the ruler they turn into something that is almost like a monster... I... I didn't want to go here though..." Brutus tells us sounding slightly sad and mad at the same time.

"I was pushed into the void but was deemed to not be valid for the void... The void then pushed me up so far that I got risen and now I'm stuck like this..." Brutus continues to say.

"It used to be blocked by guards and other things but when demons became more... Sweet? They decided that no one needs to go to the void... The fact about demons becoming monsters when rising without permission became a legend..." Brutus still talks and when all these things are told it's starting to become more interesting to me...