12 - more than concerning

"Hey there." Joonas pulled me into a long friendly hug, his fluffy blonde hair was tickling my nose and I started to giggle. It was nice to finally have some more alone time with the talented guitarist as I felt like he was a really fun person to be around, but he was also very direct and honest and that was what I liked about him. The day we met I had a feeling that the two of us would get along perfectly and as it turned out my intuition didn't decieve me.

"Come in! What have you got there?" He pointed at the Box I had been holding with one arm the whole time and by now was desperate to get rid of. "Oh this?" I put the box down as my right arm slowly started to hurt because the box was indeed heavier than it looked. "Just old equipment from Aleksi. He asked me to give it to Joel. I'm gonna drop it off when I leave." I continued and wished I could just surpress the conflicted feelings that started to arise in me once his name left my lips.

"Ah right, yes. Joel told me that he wanted to get into producing. By the way are you hungry? I have some lasagna and stuffed vegetables in the oven. Should be ready in a couple of minutes." Joonas said as he led me through his beautiful apartment. Now that he mentioned it, I could smell an absolutely delicious scent that was filling the air and felt my stomach rumbling. So far I hadn't eaten anything today and if Joonas was just a slightly better chef than Aleksi and myself I could hardy deny the invite of the man with the blonde fluffy hair.

"Absolutely! I'm starving." I watched how Joonas turned off the oven and took the burning hot casserole dish in his bare hands. "Shit! Fuck!" He quickly carried the casserole dish to the dining table nearby while making a painful face. I could only imagine how much his hands were burning by the loud noises that escaped Joonas' mouth.

"Not you too Joonas. I already had to patch up Aleksi today when he cut himself on a piece of a broken plate." I sat down at the table right across from Joonas and watched how he was trying to ice his hands with a beer bottle, apparently without success as he still made a distorted face.

"Speaking of Aleksi, how is it going between you two? The last thing I heard from him was that the two of you got a little closer?" He raised one of his eyebrows, throwing a questioning look at me while putting some of the lasagna and the stuffed vegetables on the two plates infront of him.

Somehow I was really desperate to get everything that had been going through my head these last few days off my chest. When I really thought about it, I had no one in Finland that I could share this stuff with, but I trusted Joonas enough to be open and honest with him. He seemed like someone who could keep things to himself, other than Joel and apparently Aleksi too. Plus he knew the guys better than anyone.

"Yes we got a little closer, you could say that. I mean after I heard from Joel that Aleksi had feelings for me I was very confused. You know, Aleksi and I lived together for almost two years and he never told me. It took me a while to get used to the idea that maybe we could be more than good friends." I took a sip of the bottle that Joonas had tried to ice his hands with before I took a bite of the lasagna which actually tasted much better than I expected. Then again my standards weren't really high when it came to food. Aleksi and I were terrible at cooking and anyone that did it better than us was automatically above average.

"The thing is I don't think I am able to love him the way he loves me. I tried because I didn't want to see him hurt again, I really did. But I just can't. I told him today and he was pretty hurt, I just hope we can continue to be good friends. I know it's not going to be easy but I don't want to lose Aleksi. He's one of the people that are most important to me, seriously." Everytime I remembered the hurt in Aleksi's eyes it felt like a knife was slowly cutting deeper and deeper into my wounded heart. I experienced that painful sting in my chest again which made me freeze because it was the only way I could endure the pain until it slowly faded again.