- Chapter I -

Lorx's P.O.V.

"PEEEEKIEEEEEEE!!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAA!"

Toz chases her boyfriend around, screaming loud enough to wake everyone in the camp. Not to mention Yan, who strictly was not to be disturbed while resting, or...

"WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON."

Yeah. That.

I let out a sigh, resting my forehead on my hand.

Heeere we go.

"I WAS SLEEPING YOU AS*HOLES- WHY CAN'T YOU TWO DO THIS AT ANY OTHER TIME BESIDES 8 A.M.??"

"Maybe you should get up earlier." Chilli says smartly, causing Yan rolls his eyes.

"You barely even sleep, anyway. Shut up."

Chilli raises an eyebrow, hardly fazed by his attempted insult.

"Feel like 1v1ing?"

Yan freezes, then quietly clears his throat.

"N- nah. I haven't even, uh, eaten yet, so maybe later."

He most likely won't ever fight Chilli again, because of what happened last time. She had ended up grabbing his ankle and holding him upside down, until he yielded.

It was quite entertaining.

Ghost runs past me, poking my shoulder as he runs to his special 'lookout tree's, where he pretty much goes to hang out.
It's a smart way to get out of doing any work.

"Morning," I call, watching him climb a tree. He turns to wave, then disappears up into the leaves.

Yan grumbles, probably walking off to get some breakfast I made.

This life that we all have- it's so-

Special.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Okay, maybe for a frog sword. Those things are legendary.

Hehe, just kidding.

A kunai slices through my arm, immediately jolting me out of my thoughts.

Wincing in pain, I immediately look in the direction it came from, spotting a bacon-haired random. I pull out my sword, running at them, when suddenly something starts falling from a tree. I look up to see ghost somersaulting through the air, and watch as he slices through the random's chest, landing elegantly.

"Boo," he says to the poor bacon, and pulls his sword out. The random falls to the ground, blood flowing from the wound.

Ghost bows, obviously trying to show off to me. I walk up to him, and reach up with my good arm to give him a sharp slap to his cheek.

He flinches back, holding his probably-stinging jaw.

"Show-off," I say with a grin, and he playfully pulls out his sword again.

"AY, Ghost, she's injured. Don't you even dare scratch her," Chilli calls, and the ghostie gives me an exasperated look, to which I return a sly grin.

"That's right, no hurting me, Romeo. You heard the worm."

He sighs, stalking off to the table, most likely to grab a warm cinnamon roll.

"Wait, Lorx, are you okay?" Toz asks, stopping her chase for a minute and giving Peke the chance to escape.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I respond casually, and sneak a look at my injury.

Okay, well.. maybe not exactly 'fine'. But it'll heal.

I head over to the medical tent, grabbing a roll of bandages and scissors, carefully wrapping it a few times around my arm and cutting off the rest.

Ouch.

"Just use a potion," Chilli says, appearing right behind me and nearly causing me to drop the scissors. I set them down before I end up dropping them on my foot, and sigh.

"I don't want to waste them," I explain, watching as she walks over to grab one of the glass bottles with sparkling, lime green contents.

"Pfft, whatever. We have plenty."

Reluctantly I take it from her, and unscrew the lid. Immediately I'm met with a strong odor that reminds me of tree sap, and raise it to my mouth.

Then, I down it all in one long gulp.

My mouth tingles as it goes down my throat, immediately giving me a calm, refreshed feeling. Slowly my arm stops throbbing, and I smile.

Time to eat.

- - - - - • - - - - -

Peekie's P.O.V.

I head over to the table, finally coming out from behind the tree I've been hiding behind for at least fourteen minutes.

Toz the Terrifying still hasn't managed to get me, and I know she won't ever stop until she's given me a good slap.

Which could be years. But I'm sure she'll forget all about her angry chase the second she finds something else interesting.

Like breakfast.

Sitting on the nearest stool, I sneak a glance at toz. She looks over and sticks her tongue out at me, and I, of course, return the immature gesture.

I immediately dodge a kunai aimed at my head, and instinctively rest a hand on my sword.
Until I realize where it came from.

Yan is throwing kunai at Ghost and Chilli, defending himself as they get closer.

"Yan, just set the plate back down and we won't have a problem," Ghost warns, taking out his heavy sword.

"F*CK NO," Yan answers, guarding the platter of Lorx's homemade cinnamon rolls as if his life depended on it. I watch as toz furtively takes out a kunai, and aims it right at Yan.

Yan yells another cuss word, letting his guard down for a second, and giving Chilli the opportunity to swipe the plate, carefully setting it back on the table.

"WHO THREW THAT?" Yan yells, and Toz has to turn her head away to hide her mischievous snickers.

Yan must have thought Ghost did it, because he runs at my friend, sword slashing at him. Ghost doesn't move, and two seconds later he's suddenly behind Yan, swinging his big sword. Yandel turns around just in time to be met by the oversized blade, which slams into his chest and knocks him several feet away. He lands unconscious, and Ghost casually puts his sword back in its sheath. As he walks over, Lorx is sending him a death wish with her eyes.
"WHY DID YOU SWING THAT HARD, IDIOT??" she yells, and Ghost flinches slightly at her harsh tone.

"Well-"

"Because it was funny," I finish for him, and he grins.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Lorx snaps her head around to glare at me, her long, white hair violently whipping around a second later.

Toz rolls her eyes and gets up from her stool, walking to the medical tent to get a potion and bandages for Yan.

While she's turned away I sneak an extra cinnamon roll from the plate, holding it carefully behind my back to hide.

Suddenly a person grabs my hand, snatching the pastry away.

Lorx is standing right behind me.

Uh oh.

With a look that says she's had enough, she takes a bite out of it and walking back around the table.

"Tozzzz, your boyfriend tried to steal a cinnamon roll.. can you punish him, please?"

Toz stares right at me, dropping the supplies she had grabbed and sprints over to me.

Oh. No.

RUN.