Chapter One: Proposal, decision, and the in laws? How this all happened?

**SNORE** **SNORE** I take a sip of my coffee as I look at my father sleep in the floor for the hundred time this month, because once again he got so wasted that he couldn't make it to bed, I sigh, if alcohol didn't exist, my life would be so much easier, I hate the day the man discovered alcohol.

**PEEP** **PEEP** "Dad" I call **SNORE** "DAD!" I shout, Dad abruptly sits up "What? Where is the fire?" he asks, agitated "There is no fire, but it's 7:00 am, and Jaime is coming to pick you up any minute now, so get yourself ready for work" I say as I hit the snooze button on my watch, he groans in complain as he lays down "Get up or you are going to be late, remember what Jaime said, he gets late again, because of you, he is not driving you anymore" I say, he sighs "I'm up" he says as he sits back up "Good, I left you a Thermos full of coffee for you and Jaime, also I packed you lunch" I say as I grab my purse "Dad, seriously, get to the bathroom, because today, I do not have time to make sure you do not make Jaime late, so get going" I say "I'll be ready on time, go to work" he says "Good, I love you, see you later" I say as I exit the apartment.

**SIGH** When did I became the parent and he because the son?

"Andrea, you are working the host position today, so get going, we are about to open" Mr. Rodriguez says "Yes, Sir" I answer as I place the apron back into my locker "Also, I need you to work a triple shift, Natasha called in sick, and Johanna has family issues" he says and I sigh "Yes, Sir" I answer as I close my locker and head to the main salon of the restaurant.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

"This is unbelievable" I say as I clean the tables, first, I am assigned the host position, because the hosts (Natasha and Johanna) had personal issues, now, after been standing all day, I am forced to clean up and close the restaurant, because the cleaning team had an emergency **SIGH** I need to seriously reconsider the idea of finding another job, I work single, double, and triple shifts for the minimum wage, when almost all the employees decide to be lazy, I have to cover for them, and if were given their pay on that day, well, I would do it, gladly do it, but no, I do not get paid for the extra hours **SIGH** I am getting a new job, with a better pay.

**BELL** "I am sorry, we are closed, please, come back tomorrow" I say as I keep cleaning the tables "If you were closed, the main door would be locked" a male answers "True, but if you notice, there is a sign on the door that says "We are sorry, but we are closed", so please, comeback tomorrow" I say "But I want to eat here" he says "I am sorry, Sir, but there isn't a waiter or waitress, and the chef just left, so there isn't anybody to provide you service, but if you comeback tomorrow, you will find both a chef and waiting service" I say "If I wanted to eat here tomorrow, I would have come tomorrow" he says and I sigh, he is not giving up, is he?

>>"Sir, I can not help you, all I can offer you is a glass of any drink, but food is out of the offer" I say "I want to eat" he says and I sigh, of course, nothing can make my day better than a client who refuses to see the obvious "Sir, please, we are closed, if you do not leave, I will have to call the police" I say "Call the police and I will have you fired by morning, like you are going to be, if you do not provide with service" he says as he sits down "Sir..." "I hope the next thing that comes out of your mouth is "I'll bring you the wine chart", if is not, you are fired" he says and I sigh as I head to Mr. Rodriguez's office.

"We have a problem" I say "What problem?" Mr. Rodriguez asks as he looks at me "A man came in to the restaurant and refuses to leave without getting service" I answer "Did you told him we are closed?" he asks "I am tired of telling him" I answer "Call the police" Mr. Rodriguez orders "He threaten with getting me fired, if I did" I say and he sighs "I'll deal with the unwanted client, you keep doing your job" Mr. Rodriguez says and I nod as I exit his office.