Escape (prologue)

Deep in a forest in what today is now known as Japan, there was a small military village with various animals going about their daily lives. All was tranquil until a loud scream of rage broke the peace and quiet, "MUSASHI!" The voice screamed. The inhabitants of the village trembled in slight fear but were also glad that they weren't the ones that had caused the voice to be filled with such rage.

Meanwhile in the centre of the village sat the largest building in the village, an impressive mansion owned by the leader of the village. The owner's name is Kurama, a nine tailed fox demon and a power hungry tyrant who controlled the village by fear. So power hungry was he that he would even sell off his own daughter for power.

In an office of the mansion sat said tyrant who was sitting behind a desk glaring darkly at the door waiting for the person he called to arrive. A minute or so later a knock was heard on the door, "Enter," he said gruffly. Once the door was opened in stepped a young black haired girl. Closing the door behind her the girl said quietly, "You called for me father,"

"What have I told you about calling me that Musashi, you brat?" Kurama said angrily.

"It won't happen again Sir," Musashi said nervously.

"Good, make sure it doesn't, anyway the reason that I've called you here for is that for me to gain control of the rest of this land you will be wed to the next head of the Sato clan." Kurama said sternly.

"What?! But sir, he's known as one of the largest perverted womaniser in the country," Musashi exclaimed in horror and disgust.

"Enough! Do not talk to me like that!" Kurama shouted.

"I-I'm sorry sir," Musashi stuttered slightly.

"You have no choice in the matter, you will be married to him when you become of age," Kurama said.

"Okay," Musashi said quietly in reluctance.

"You can leave now to continue with what you were doing." Kurama said dismissively as he ordered a distressed Musashi to leave his office. Bowing to him before she left Musashi quickly rushed to her room in tears once she was clear of the vicinity of Kurama's office.

Once she was in her room, Musashi jumped onto her bed and cried soaking her pillow with her tears.

After 10 minutes of soaking her pillow with tears, Musashi sat up in her bed and thought to herself, 'I can't take living here anymore, my father treats me as a slave and tool that he can use to gain power and the villagers all hate me, I have to get out of here somehow especially before the that pervert gets here,' Musashi thought as she gained determination to escape as her thoughts progressed. 'But how can I escape without people looking for me?' She questioned herself in her mind. Then a thought came to her, 'If I fake my own death I can vanish from the village and even the country without anyone coming after me.' With that thought in her mind Musashi grinned in excitements the thought of escaping and began to plan her escape the village.

Later that night once everyone had gone to sleep, Musashi put her plan into action. Making sure that there was no one around, Musashi packed all of the things she would need for her journey into a small bag. Once packed Musashi placed a blanket near the fire place before leaving a trail of highly flammable objects around the room so that the room would catch light easier. Then Musashi put some of her spare pillows under the sheets to make it seem as though she was asleep when the room caught fire, this would cover up the fact that she had faked her death and make it seem like an accident. Seeing that she had prepared enough Musashi lit the fire place, when it caught light she put the corner of the blanket into the fire allowing the other objects to catch lit setting the room ablaze. Opening the window, Musashi took one last look at her room, gave a quick prayer to her deceased mother before climbing onto the window sill and closed the window behind her. Looking back into the room to make sure the fire spread properly, Musashi took a deep breath to settle her nerves and jumped down into the darkness below.