2 - Change of Plans

Sang

"Oh, but Honey," I whined, putting extra pout into my lip. "I don't need a baby sitter."

Nathan shook his head back and forth at me as he tied his shoes. "You know that doesn't work on me, Peanut. I don't know why you even try." Just as he got the laces tight, I heard vibrating coming from his butt. He sat up and fished his phone from his back pocket and tapped at it. "Don't think of it as baby sitting. Think of it as making sure you never get lonely."

Well, he did have a point there. I frequently found myself longing for one of the boys the few moments I had in no one's company. Still, the implication they had to work around keeping me supervised still felt insulting. Surely they knew I was able to be independent, and strong, and... and...

"It's all taken care of already, so don't fuss."

As if on cue, my boob vibrated. Then it chimed a happy tune. Nathan was slipping his keys into his pockets when he looked up at me and smirked. I blushed as I reached down the neck of my shirt and pulled my phone out of the cup of my bra. Glancing at the screen, I saw that Kota was calling me.

Nathan leaned over me where I was perched on the couch and kissed me tenderly on the lips before I could answer the call. "Best pockets ever." His lips pressed against my forehead before he jogged to the door and threw it open. "Bye, Peanut!"

"Bye, Honey," I called back as I accepted the call and lifted the phone to my ear. "Hi, Kota."

"Hi, Sang." The feeling of loss and longing for Nathan's departure were soon overshadowed by the anticipation and feeling of acceptance by Kota's voice saying my name. I should really stop complaining about the baby sitting issue, because I can't seem to lose. "Mind walking over to my place?" Kota asked me. "We want to talk to you about something."

"Sure. I'll be right over."

In the background, I could hear vibrant cursing in another familiar voice. Gabriel was there too. I was smiling as I disconnected the call and slipped the phone back to its hidey spot.

After locking up Nathan's house, I skipped across the road, feeling elated. It has been awhile at that point since I had spent time at Kota's house. He always seemed to be too busy for us to go over, and what time he did have off, Erica was usually home and we did not want to bother her from her well-deserved time off from work.

I knocked at the front door and waited impatiently, nearly hopping from foot to foot.

The door opened to reveal Doctor Green.

"Pookie!" he cried as he held his arms open to me.

"Dr. Sean?" I asked in confusion as I stepped into his embrace. I wasn't expecting him.

"Oy! Pick a different pet name for her! Pookie is too weird," Gabriel shouted from further within the house.