𝟎𝟓 | 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

Calling Gojo and telling him I would like to go to this Jujutsu Tech was the easy part

Calling Gojo and telling him I would like to go to this Jujutsu Tech was the easy part. Actually, it was a walk in the park compared to the rest of my enrollment.

"I'm sorry, you want me to- what?"

"Talk to my parents," I repeated, "They don't know about any of these curses and jujutsu stuff so you're going to have to make some cover-up story and-"

"Woah, slow down," he laughed, "You're asking a lot you know."

"This can't be the first time you've done something like this," I said.

"Actually, it is. Most of the students don't have parents."

"... Oh," I said awkwardly. What do I even say to that? "... So, uh..."

"Unfortunately, my schedule's all full so I won't be able to come," he said sounding extremely happy, "But I'll send someone over, sound good?"

"Uh, sure?"

"Great! He'll be there around six! Bye~"

"But-"

He hung up.

~

"I'm confused. Just yesterday you said you wanted to drop out of school and now you want to transfer? To Tokyo?!" Mum asked incredulously.

I fiddled with the unraveling strings of the pillowcase, "Yes?"

"You don't sound very confident," said dad, looking just as suspicious as mum.

"Well, I am," I said with as much conviction as I could, which wasn't a lot. I've never had conviction before, "I contacted someone from the school and they said they could meet us today to talk about it."

"I'm sorry, you did- what?"

As if the universe was trying to my life a sitcom, the doorbell rang at that exact moment.

Mum sent me a suspicious look. Dad got up to answer the door. Curious, I peered into the doorway.

He was blond with a stern-looking face with deep frown lines and odd-looking goggles. He was dressed immaculately in a white suit without a crease. His tie was weird though; yellow with black spots like he accidentally spilled ink on it but decided to go along with it.

But as grim and scary looking as he was, he looked rather... Bland compared to Gojo. It was like comparing wallpaper paste to a rainbow.

"Hello. Is this the Kobayashi residence?" His voice was deep and dull like he'd rather be anywhere but here. But he was still polite. I suppose it was for the best that he came instead of Gojo. I couldn't imagine my parents saying yes if some blindfolded beanstalk came strolling in.