Missing Girls

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late, my life sucks and I've been too busy to really pay any attention to anything other than life.[and anime but that's life as well]
This chapter is one I worked hard on, so enjoy reading.
...
"We've made it Kasai!"
Tanjiro ruffled my fur happily as we re-entered the forest of wisteria.
I myself was happy, I almost forgot I was a cat so I tried talking and ended up making a strange squawking sound mixed with a small howl at the end.
'Oh uh whoops, forgot I was a cat.'
Tanjiro just laughed and smiled that soft smile of his.

We made our way to the clearing where everyone stood.
I gaped as I saw only 4 people.
The yellow haired man, but this time he had a terrified look on his face and was muttering something inaudible.
The black haired girl with the butterfly hairband and that odd blank smile on her pale face.
The pissed off looking guy with the huge scar on his face.
And I could make out a figure in the shadows, it looked like a human body with an animalistic head.

'My god, this is all that's left of the 10's of people who were here just days ago?'
I hissed my displeasure and Tanjiro looked to me in confusion.
"What's wrong?"
I frowned and sighed.
'Nothing..' I nudged his shoulder and he giggled.

And 10 minutes later, we got birds and got to choose ore that would make up our swords.
Tanjiro chose the ore that looked the coolest, or at least I assume.
I have no clue why he chose it.
Well after that, we got to walking.
Tanjiro was doing okay on his own for a bit but once we reached the crops he was exhausted and going at most .1 mph.
So I lent him and hand and turned huge and give him a ride.
And then we went, up the mountain, turned right and the giant tree and walked straight until..

..
Nezuko!
She's awake!
She was asleep for 2 goddamn years!
"Nezuko!"
Tanjiro cried his eyes out when he saw her, his shoulders tensed less and he actually fell off of me.
Nezuko ran up and hugged him.
I couldn't help but smile.
Urokodaki left the house and stared at us in disbelief.
"You came back.."
His voice was muffled by tears and sobs.
"You made it back a alive..!"
He as well hugged Tanjiro and I purred in delight.

After that we all recouped, and a couple days later.. Tanjiro got his sword!
We're all sitting, tensions building up in the room, Tanjiro reaches for the sword.
"Cmon! Unsheathe the sword!"
The strange man in the mask grumbled.
Tanjiro pulled the sword out of its sheathe and held it out in front of him, we all awaited the color to change and when I saw it start to happen I stared intently.
The sword slowly but surely started to turn a black color, and this seemed to surprise everyone.
"That's.. interesting."
The man said.
"Is it bad?!" Tanjiro asked, concern written all over his face.
"N- no.. it's just.. very rare."
Tanjiro sighed and sheathed the sword.
The man left and a couple days later.. we were off for our first mission.

I transformed and Tanjiro got on my back, "Bye!" Tanjiro waved his hand back to Urokodaki.
A few miles away the crow Tanjiro received gave us our mission.
"KA ! Head to the town northwest! Girls are going missing! Find the demon responsible!! KA !"
'I wanna catch that bird..'
"Girls are going missing..?"
I growled and nodded when Tanjiro told me to run.
We ran until we reached a town, when we stepped inside we got a bunch of strange looks but who wouldn't give us that.
I hear whispering in the distance and walking towards us is a man who looks like he's went through a lot.
'Jesus.. how the hell is this guy still alive..'
"Hey! Are you alright?"
I deadpanned and felt my head drop.
obviously he wasn't, he looked like a zombie..

anyways we went over the basics and I sniffed the ground searching for the scent of a demon.
!
There it is!
The smells faint but it's there.. but why.. why is.. it underground?
That's the only explanation.. that it's underground.. it's faint but strong, and it's smells like it moves fast.
I pawed at the ground and started digging but no luck.

We walked until night came and that's when I smell a strong scent of blood and.. the demon.
I saw a huge dark spot on the ground and just like a cat would do with a laser pointer...
I gave chase.
It was actually pretty fun until I heard ear piercing scraping from behind us,
"What is that sound?!"
My sensitive ears picked up on 2 more noises and when I looked behind me I noticed 3 demons, it seemed that they all are 1 but they separated.
The one in the middle is scraping its teeth to make a terrible sound.
The boy we noticed earlier started asking the demon questions;
"Where is she?? Where did you take her?"
The demon did not respond, however it did lunge at us.
I slashed at it and grabbed its head in between my jaws, crunching down.. but.. it's head regrew.
Damnit! I didn't use my fire.
The demon disappeared before I could chomp on its head again.
"Please! Where is she..?"
The demon then spoke in a sickly voice.
"Which one..?"
A shocked expression plastered on the boys face,
"W-what...?.."
"If her pin is here,. Then sorry!.. Shes already dead."
The boy then spotted something that made his shocked expression somehow turn more shocked..
He was angry now and started screaming, poor kid lost his girlfriend.
That gave me new confidence and Tanjiro let Nezuko out of her box while we jumped inside of the puddl-
This..
Isn't a puddle..
Is this a whole swamp?
Never mind that..
I focused my attention on the demon in front of me while Tanjiro got the other one.
Lunging at it I focus all my energy into my jaws and this one attack, my flames somehow don't burn out underwater and I grab the demons head and-
-crunch-