CLARIFICATIONS

*Reading the clarifications is optional. You can just skip to the prologue if it's too much to read. You'd be missing out on a ton of stuff, but it's pretty understandable. If I was you, I wouldn't wanna read all my bullshit either.

~

1) This story is taking place in Liyue. But due to the fact that I have absolutely no idea what the honorifics are in China (nor can I find anything on them), I'll be using Korean honorifics instead. That goes for pretty much everything as well, not just honorifics.
(I'll be putting a link to a website at the beginning of every chapter in case you're unaware of the honorifics in Korea. There, it'll explain the meaning/definition of every honorific.)

So instead of viewing it as: Liyue, a fantasy place in Teyvat, you'll be viewing it as South Korea. Likewise, Mondstadt would be North Korea and Inazuma as Japan.

2) Since the setting is pretty jumbled up due to the fact that I have no patience whatsoever and refuse to do research on the lore, etc, surrounding Liyue, I've decided to make this a story about Xingqiu and Chongyun in a modern-day AU. At long last, I can finally write about fridges without being confused on whether or not electricity and fridges are even a thing in Teyvat.

3) Everyone in this story is still interested in whatever their occupation is in Genshin Impact. However, for characters like Zhongli, etc, I'll be changing it to whatever's necessary for the plot.

Ex. Zhongli teaches for Chongyun's cram school.

4) I'll be updating this fanfic every Monday (as soon as I finish writing it). If I don't, feel free to come and spam my comments with "you motherfucker update the xingyun fanfic now!!!!" (Jk, please don't. I'd probably cry unironically)

5) I do not own the rights to the characters used in this fanfic. All characters mentioned belong to MiHoYo.

6) The end of this fanfic will conclude with a cliffhanger on purpose. It's up to the reader to decide what they believe will happen next (so if you're a little bitch baby like me who hates cliffhangers, then you probably shouldn't read this).

7) I don't plan on dragging this fanfic out more then necessary (to preserve the rest of my 2 brain cells, you know?) so this entire thing will be finished in 6 chapters including the prologue. By the time this, as well as the prologue are posted, half of the story should already be completed, and checked by my editor (which technically isn't my editor since I'm forcing them to read it over).

8) There will be, absolutely no lemon, smut, whatever you wanna call it in this fanfic. Yes, they're graduating High-school in the story, so they'd technically be around 18-19, but this is a fluff story alright? If you wanna go see some action just turn on incognito and lookup Pornhub got me? Or, you could just look on Ao3 for some Kaeya X Reader (Most of them are pretty spicy anyways. You didn't hear that from me though I totally don't read Kaeya X Reader ahahaa..........don't tell my parents please I'll probably get disowned)

~

On a serious note, I'm only writing this because I am bored out of my mind and have already read every single Xingyun fanfic in existence. The only downside is that I have to use my three brain cells to come up with a decent story.

So with that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading my stupid fanfic, in which I try (emphasis on try) to not cringe at my horrendous writing.