APOLOGY: pt.2

Alright folks, here is your food:

CHAPTER 2: A Problem Approaches
(This chapter is more like a transitional chapter(?) so this one will be pretty short compared to the other ones.)

"GRRAAGH"

Is the angry screeching noise Xingqiu made while complaining about his earlier circumstances to Chongyun, and yet he (Chongyun) wanted this moment to last forever.

The sun was setting and Xingqiu would have to take a different route home, one that would be coming up shortly, so Chongyun walked slower, inhaling the short time that he'd get to spend with his best friend. Remembering that he'd need to confess eventually, his face flushed a violent pink.

Xingqiu stopped, causing Chongyun to bump into him then turned around, noticing his face.

"Hmmm? What's wrong? Don't tell me you weren't listening."

'Deep breaths, Chongyun. Your gay is probably showing.'

"No, I was. Continue talking about your irrelevant comments."

Xingqiu chuckled.

"If you say so."

~~

CHAPTER 3: "You Can Stay Over Tonight."

'If you just happened to be in your bedroom, laying down on your bed two-inches away from your crus--best friend of 10 years, how would you react?'

This was a question Chongyun repeatedly asked himself, while turning his head every now and then to check if the Xingqiu he was seeing was real.

'Gosh... How did I get into this mess,' he thought. Chongyun wasn't the blunt type. If he had a problem with someone or something he wouldn't openly say it. However, if it came down to that, he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. But in this situation, his confidence melted away faster then his popsicles in the summer heat.

"Yunyun.. are you alright? You've been sweating profusely ever since we've entered your room."

"Nope. I feel perfectly fine. In fact, I feel like I could exorcise thousands of ghosts right now."

"You realize that you're a terrible liar, right?"

"Excuse me? Who's the one that barged into my house without prior notice?"

"Are you saying you'd rather have me homeless for tonight?"

"Don't put words in my mouth you petty bookworm."

"Funny coming from you, popsicle-boy."

"Ao3 reader."

"Cold-weather fanatic."

"Manhwa-addict."

~~~~

Chapter 4 unfortunately has nothing yet.

~~~~

CHAPTER 5: A Different Kind of Dream; Reality.

Chongyun stumbled into the park. Had his memory served him right the first couple of guesses, he wouldn't have been panting and sweating on his trip there. Nevertheless, he found Xingqiu. The boy was sitting on the swings, looking down at his shoes almost longingly. Chongyun felt obligated to talk to him, and so he did. Slowly making his way over to the darker-haired boy, he sat down onto the empty swing seat beside his before glancing over to make sure he was alright.

"You're funny."

"Huh?"

"No-one's treated me as well as you have before, Yunyun."

"Well of course, we're best friends, aren't we?"

The two boys sat in silence for a few minutes before Chongyun finally decided it was his turn to speak up.

"Xingqiu.... Do you mind if I call you Xingqiu?"

He chuckled lightly, it was the same calm laughter he'd heard the first time he met the boy.

"You don't need to ask that, Yunyun."

"Well then, Xingqiu."

He leaned in close, reminding him of the dream he had a few weeks before, except now, he was actually doing it.

A breezy June evening.

One Chongyun nor Xingqiu would never forget.

Leaves fell rhythmically to the ground, the rusty metal of the swing hangers could be heard over the whistling wind. The were two face-to-face, one turning pink, and the other curious as to what the popsicle-loving boy had to say to him.

"Are you ready?"

"Ready for what you-"

"I like you. Xingqiu. So promise me something,"

"Promise you'll never leave my side. Ever again."

And so, that was how Chongyun's summer fiasco came to an end.