PROLOGUE

Here is your honorific dictionary my good sir/ma'am/[insert your preferred pronoun]:
https://www.koreanclass101.com/blog/2019/01/03/korean-honorific-titles/

10 minutes.

10 minutes before the bell rang, 10 minutes before school would be over, and 10 minutes until he was officially out of high school.

Although Chongyun had to study, prepare for entrance exams and worry about getting into a good college, he couldn't stop the urge to tap his feet on the floorboard in anticipation that the bell would be ringing throughout his ears in just a few minutes. He couldn't help but count down the minutes which soon turned to seconds to the sound he'd long awaited for.

'Ding dong, ding dong.'

Immediately he rose from his seat. Saying goodbye to his friends and teachers can wait. He had something much more important to do and he wanted to do it fast.

Chongyun knew he was going to be busy this summer, he also knew he would barely see his friends in that time. Meaning he would barely be able to see Xingqiu.

Xingqiu.

That name echoed around his mind as he ran through the now packed hallways of the building and towards his beloved's classroom.

He'd had a crush on Xingqiu ever since they first met in middle school. It was during that time, his crush first started to blossom. After mistaking him for a girl, Chongyun would spend hours upon hours writing Xingqiu romantic poems (which were his favorite kind at the time) just to end up discarding them later. It wasn't until 8th grade in the boy's bathroom did Chongyun find out Xingqiu wasn't actually a girl. Let's just say, Chongyun wasn't the only embarrassed one.

And now they're in High-school, which they'll now be graduating from.

It took Chongyun a lot of strength to open the door. Not because he was weak or anything, but because he couldn't imagine what Xingqiu would think after he suddenly proffessed his love to him out of nowhere. What if Xingqiu wasn't interested in him? What if the people around them didn't approve of their relationship? What if he were to accidentally stumble upon his words when talking to Xingqiu?
Negative thoughts rushed into his head like Truck-kun did in practically every Isekai in existence.

Nevertheless, Chongyun opened the door. Whether this was good luck or bad luck, Xingqiu had appeared before him, being the first one to be standing there when the door was opened.
"Well, if it isn't Hyung."

Xingqiu looked almost relieved seeing him. As if he'd been worried that he'd be unable to see him. Chongyun shook off the thought.

'Hubae? Worried about me?' If Chongyun wasn't looking directly at him, he probably wouldn't have believed himself. Not like he did in the first place.
Yanfei, vice-president of the student council, who happened to be behind him peeked in front of the bookworm.

"Hmmm? Why did you stop in the middle of the doorwa—Oh, it's Hubae! What're you doing here? Could the student council assist you with anything?"

"Actually, I'd like to talk to Xingqiu-hubae here. Privately." Chongyun responded, desperate to confess then get the hell out of this god-forsaken school.

"Me?"

Xingqiu looked at the boy, chuckled and slightly bowed.
"Well, if it's Hyung asking, I'd be pleasured to accompany you. Where should we talk, my liege?"

"The bathroom. If you don't mind."

"Not at all," Xingqiu said, intertwining his fingers with Chongyun's and pulling him towards the nearest restroom. Chongyun could almost hear the smirk in his voice. Despite this, he tried to gather his remaining confidence for the upcoming confession.

Shortly after arriving at the bathroom, the first thing Chongyun did was check every individual stall. He didn't want some random guy to pop out the stalls during his confession. Once finished, glad that there was no one else in the restroom but them, he let out a small sigh.

"So...."
"So?"

All of a sudden the dark blue-haired boy was but inches away from Chongyun's face. If he didn't know any better, Chongyun would have probably kissed him there.
Brushing his bangs away from his eyes, Chongyun looked at Xingqiu and breathed in as much air as he possibly could.

"Hubae"
"Yes?"
"I like you. A lot."

Feeling his face turn red, he breathed out, now satisfied about admitting those three words.

'I did it.'

He told Xingqiu how he felt about him. All that was left was awaiting his answer. The relief he felt from admitting those three words wasn't even explainable.

However, the moment Chongyun looked back at Xingqiu, the male started fading away. All Chongyun could see now was black.

And then

He woke up.