Halloween part 2

Jade strutted up on stage confidently as the crowd cheered in anticipation. Jade was very rarely nervous. A helpful trick considering she was a performer. Looking at all the people in the crowd she readied the mic, locked eyes with Cat and gave her a small smile as the beat started up.
"They send me away to find them a fortune.
A chest filled with diamonds and gold
The house was awake, the shadows and monsters
The hallways, they echoed and groaned."

Jade began singing. This song had always been a favourite of Jade's. Many of her fellow students saw her as a monster. She never cared. Jade liked being feared by people. It made it so she kept unwanted people away from her. The only person she didn't like scaring was Cat because of how important she was to the girl.

"I sat alone, in bed till the morning
I'm crying they're coming for me
And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
My minds like a deadly disease."
Jade could almost see the shivers fly up everyone's spines at her lyrics.

"I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones."
The only exception was, of course, her redhead girlfriend. She was happily clapping, it was a complete clash for the tone of her song but she didn't mind. Cat was enjoying herself and that was even better than causing fear.

"And all the kids cried out, 'please stop you're scaring me'
I can't help this awful energy
God damn right you should be scared of me
Who is in control?"
Jade finished the first chorus as she looked out at the crowd. There were a wide collection of outfits, some more creative than others. Halloween had always been Jade's favourite holiday for obvious reasons.

"I paced around for hours on empty
I jumped at the slightest of sounds
And I couldn't stand the person inside me
I turned all the mirrors around."
Halloween was when being scary was actually celebrated. You could watch as many horror movies as you wanted in one sitting and not be considered a freak. Jade may not care what other people think of her but it's nice to not be an outcast for at least one day a year.

"I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones"
Jade also did enjoy costuming. She didn't love it as much as someone like Cat, who adored the activity but the odd costume was fun enough.

"And all the kids cried out, "Please stop, you're scaring me"
I can't help this awful energy
God damn right, you should be scared of me
Who is in control?"
Cat was also a big fan of Halloween, although for very different reasons. Cat loved dressing up and eating copious amounts of sweets so Jade spent often spent much of her Halloween making sure Cat didn't make her self sick. Though one year she'd been terribly unsuccessful and found Cat passed out in the back garden surrounded by sweet wrappers and chocolate. Jade and Beck had spent the next week taking care of the redhead since she'd gotten sick and her parents where with her brother (again). Jade had never been a fan of how much time Cat's parents spent not taking care of their daughter but Jade had always figured if she needed to she could protect Cat if the situation arose.
("Man I really have always had a soft spot her haven't I?) jade thought to herself quickly as she kept singing, the crowd now on their feet and cheering along.

"I'm well acquainted with villains that live in my bed
They beg me to write them so they'll never die when I'm dead
And I've grown familiar with villains that live in my head
They beg me to write them so I'll never die when I'm dead"
These were Jade's favourite lyrics in the song. Jade was someone who spent a lot of time up in her own head. She had a dark side, a side she engaged with often but made sure to keep control over.