Prologue: Smile

He's always been dependent on Sebastian most of his life so he thought that his butler might already be aware of his secret even though he doesn't talk about it, after all he's one hell of a butler not to notice it.

He sat on his bed and pulled the bottom drawer of his bedside table open, revealing a lollipop he never intended to keep.

If candies rot, it would have long been rotten by now or it should have melted already. It should have been spoiled a long time ago but as he took it out, it was still the same as the time it was offered to him.

Maybe it was because of Sebastian.

Maybe it has its own magic.

Or maybe... Candies are just really easy to preserve.

He twirled the lollipop around in his fingers as he laid down his bed and stared up at the blue canopy.

She wasn't really pretty. She didn't even looked like a she without her make-up and costume. But she was friendly, naive and warm.

That's what he thought.

He never slept beside anyone before her and he would never admit to anyone or even himself how good he felt after it.

"Smile..."

He heard her voice calling his alias when they met. He even remembered her smile.

His bed suddenly felt cold and lonely.

"Smile..."

There goes her voice again calling out to him in a singsong voice or was she telling him to smile?

He turned to his side, the candy still in his hand and a cold sensation gripped his heart.

"I will never forgive you." She said as she held his hand with the lollipop.

He pulled his hand away from her touch with so much force that he fell on the floor.

She crawled towards him and hovered above him, showing him her scarred eye.

"I will never forgive you." She whispered as she took the lollipop from his grip and laid it on his lips.

"Sebastian!" He screamed.

"Bocchan." The demon immediately answered and entered the room.

The moon was brightly shining through the windows enlightening the small boy.

Seeing his master on the floor with bewildered eyes with a stick inside his mouth, he rushed to his side.

"What happened?" He asked the boy as he picked him up and pulled out the thing in his mouth.

"It doesn't matter." The boy murmured as he was laid back on his bed with the taste of burnt caramel in his mouth.

"As you say." The butler bowed with the candy held in his hand.

"Don't leave just yet. Stay." The boy murmured as he closed his eyes.

"Yes. My Lord."

(Author's Note! <3)

I think, Kuroshitsuji is the first anime I've ever binge-watched. And since the circus arc broke my heart... Here is one of my fanfics that is timed after everyone was killed.

So... Do you think this is a good one?

Please vote and comment!

Thank you...

PS

I don't own Kuroshitsuji and all its characters but all other original characters and this fanfic is all my idea and effort so please don't copy or translate without my permission.

Peace out everyone.
Spread the love!

follow•read•vote•comment•share

*smooch*
<3