Now We Wait

GUYS I HEARD HEAT WAVES PLAY UNIRONICALLY ON POPULAR RADIO HELP???!!! My parents had no idea what the context was or why I couldn't stop laughing...

It's Friday afternoon. You always procrastinated your homework until Sunday night, so by that logic, you had the whole evening free

You started by annoying your brother. You came into his room without knocking, where you saw him slumped over his computer, editing a video that probably wouldn't come out for the next year. He hadn't even looked up from his work.

Without warning, you shouted, "GETTING, BORED, OF WALLS, 2, I SHOULD FIND A NEW MINIGAME"

Techno spun around in his chair, glaring at you. "Would you stop singing that song? It's been five years!"

"Never!" You shouted as you sprinted out of the room before he could stand up.

You faceplanted onto your bed before rolling over and grabbing the TV remote. You also reached for Techno's Yootooz plushie on your nightstand to cuddle with. Technically, Techno hadn't given it to you, rather you stole it from his room, but he hadn't said anything. He probably didn't even notice it was gone.

You scrolled over to YouTube. Maybe Tommy had posted a new video. He had. You watched him, Tubbo, Schlatt and Slimecicle pretend to be pirates for a bit. It was funny, especially the "Tubbo stick" bits.

What to watch, what to watch. Suddenly, your phone buzzed. Ranboo was streaming!
Besides your brother, Ranboo was your favorite streamer. You felt like you related to him a lot. Plus, enderman.

You had hooked up your TV to be able to stream from Twitch via screenshare from your phone, so you pulled up Ranboo's stream. He was just playing Minecraft, doing whatever.

You made sure you were watching from your alt account, "y/u/n," instead of your main, simply named "sisterblade." Sometimes you liked being anonymous. And it would keep chat from spamming "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD PRINCE" every time you said something.

Ah, Ranboo. You could listen to his voice all day. It was soothing, especially his random yet frequent sighs whenever there was a bit of silence between sentences.

You leaned back into your pillows, still hugging the Techno plushie.

You hadn't been able to get Ranboo's plush; the store sold out too fast and Techno was too lazy to pull any strings. But at least you had a hoodie with his crown logo on it. You were a bit too lazy at the moment to get up and rummage through your very disorganized closet to find it though.
You got a text on your phone from Hayley, confirming that she'd be picking up you and Cash tomorrow to spy on Eliza and Tom. Ran had texted you earlier saying he and Toby would meet you there. Man, tomorrow would be fun. Eliza had a keen eye, but if you all stayed quiet and hid your faces, you might be able to pull off a heist.

You glanced at the clock. 10PM. You should at least get ready for bed. You muted the TV while you got your pj's on and brushed your teeth and all that.

You snuggled under the covers with the Techno plushie and continued watching Ranboo. By the time 12AM rolled around, you felt your eyelids starting to close. You struggled to keep them open. If Ranboo was awake enough to keep streaming, you were awake enough to keep watching.

Well, at least the sound of Ranboo's voice would put you to sleep.

~~time skip to next day~~

You woke up, not to anything in particular; you just woke up naturally. The first thing you saw were two pig eyes staring back at you. You jumped a bit, before realizing it was just Techno's plushie. You looked at you clock. 10AM. Wow, you actually slept for once. Nice.

You realized you'd left the TV on all night. Now it was just stuck on the home screen of Twitch. Oops. You must've drifted off during Ranboo's stream. 

You hear a soft knock on your door. It creaks open. You see your mom poke her head in and whisper, "Y/N?" 

You wave from bed, "Hi Mom,"

"Hi sweetie. Glad you're awake. Can you wake up your brother? We're making pancakes this morning!"

"Yay! I'll be right down," you said. It was rare that the whole family had breakfast together, since Techno's sleep schedule is virtually nonexistent, and yours was pretty bad too.

You tossed back the sheets and turned off the TV, walking into Techno's room without knocking.

"Get up, you pig," you said loudly. Techno snorted and raised his head to glare at you through barely opened eyes. You smiled back, "You'd better wake up before I eat all the pancakes," you whispered.

Techno's eyes shot open, and in one swift motion he threw back the covers and darted out of the room. 

"WE'RE HAVIN' PANCAKES??" you heard Techno shout while running down the stairs. Your parents were laughing. 

You bolted down the stairs after him, "Not if I eat them all first!"

Your dad laughed from the stove where he was flipping the last few pancakes. Techno was already sitting at the kitchen table. You sat across from him and grabbed a fork, examining it for a little while. 

"Don't pull a Drista on me," Techno fake-pleaded.

You pointed the fork at him, "And what if I do?" you asked, putting on the most menacing voice you could pull off.

Techno simply raised his knife in the air like a sword, "Well, you couldn't do much, 'cause TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES!" 

You couldn't hold it in anymore. You and your mom burst out laughing. Soon everyone was laughing, and pancakes were being served.  

You put on your favorite toppings, and chowed down. 

Your mom turned to you and asked, "Hey Y/N, how are things at school?"

You swallowed your mouthful, "Good. I'm working on a group project for my physics class. I'm paired with this really tall, really quiet kid named Ran."

"Oh, that sounds nice," your mom replied. 

"Oh, that reminds me, Hayley and Cash invited me to go to the movies with them at 8 tonight," you told your parents. It wasn't a lie; you were going to the movie theater. You just didn't tell them exactly why. 

Your mom glanced at your dad, "Sure. Maybe get a little homework done first."

"Ok!" You said, and happily went back to eating your breakfast.  

Tonight was going to be fun. You just knew it...

Hey y'all! As far as I'm aware, both Technoblade and Ranboo don't like being called by their real names, so that's why their names are Techno and Ran in the story. Just wanted to clear that up :)

Word count: 1112