Chapter Twenty-Two

Elle

"I'm proud of you, Elle."

Her words echoed in my head as my tears slowly came to a stop.

No one has ever told me they're proud of me. And especially not so genuinely.

I was an emotional wreck at the moment, my mind running about a million miles a minute trying to figure out which emotion to feel.

I looked into Billie's eyes as she sat beside me. Her beautiful blue eyes scanning my face, her light freckles dotting her face and god those lips. How they were naturally so pink and plump.

She was perfect, I swear.

"What are you thinking about? What's going through that pretty little head of yours?" She asked, her hands falling down to sit on my thighs.

"A lot." I said simply.

"Well what's the main thing you're thinking about?"

"How badly I wanna kiss you right now."

Her face flushed and she smiled shyly. Probably the first time I've ever seen her flustered.

Her hand took its place back on my cheek as she gently pulled my face in and soon enough our lips were sealed in a lingering kiss.

I could never get over how incredibly soft her lips were. It was incredibly captivating and it made me want to never pull away.

Her other hand found it's way to my hand as she laced out fingers together, the small action made my heart do flips.

We pulled away and rested our foreheads on each other's, I sighed contentedly as Billie chuckled.

"God, you drive me crazy sometimes, you know that?"

"How so?"

"How many times have we kissed already and we're not even dating? And how many times have you said you wanted to take things slow?"

I let out a sigh. I felt slightly guilty knowing I was practically holding her hostage within this 'relationship' if you could even call it that. It's true though, I've contradicted myself so many times and I know it's confusing the hell out of Billie.

"I know, I'm sorry. I know I'm probably confusing."

She lifted her head up.
"Yeah, but it's okay. Cause I'm willing to wait."

"I know you are but I just don't wanna put you through that. You shouldn't be waiting on me to get my shit together, you should be putting yourself out there and talking to people and having fun."

"Is that what I should be doing or is that what you think I should be doing?"

"I think you should be doing it." I said quietly.

"Listen Elle, I wanna be with you and you know that. But I also know that you might not be ready for that and you need a little bit of time and thats totally fine. When I have feelings for someone I would wait a million years just to be with them."

I smiled at this and she smiled back.

"And besides, I like what we have now and I'm cool with just having this until your ready."

"You're unbelievable." I whispered. "You're willing to put your entire dating life on hold just for me?"

"Yeah. I...I like you a lot. A lot more than you think."

I blushed and put my head down. Though the next thing she said made my face go pale.

"Do you think you could show me some of your art? If you're comfortable."