Chapter 1

It was an ordinary day, nothing unusual. Hailey was getting ready for her usual morning. She was going to interviews lately, since she wants to be a journalist.

She went to all her interviews so now she just wants to get her mind off from the job until she hopefully gets a call from a boss or something. In order to get mind off things, she agreed to meet with her bestie Erikson that morning at the café' shop down the road.

She got ready and head out of her house. She decides to walk it instead of taking her little car. It's greener plus there was a lot of traffic in Las Vegas.

She arrives at the café  in about a 5 minutes walk. She enters the café though there was no sign of her dear bestie. She decides to call him, but as she took out her phone, he scares her from behind.

"BOO!" he yelled as he pushed her lightly. 

Hailey let out a little scream of surprise and shock, as Erikson laughed heartedly at his flabbergasted bestie. 

"Damn, Erikson! Why did you do that!?" she said as she smacked him across his face.

He yelped in pain but managed to giggle. 

They each roll their eyes at each other and enter the café shop.

They find a comfortable table next to the large windows and settle down.

They have a little chat here and there about their private life and catch up with each other.

Until a waiter comes up to them and smiles

"Let me guess? The usual, chocolate muffin and a coffee for Erikson, and Caramel Frappuccino for Hailey?" Says the waiter with a slight grin.

They both share a giggle and nod.

"Yes please." they say as the waiter leaves their table.

As Hailey and Erikson kept chatting, the tv in the corner of the café caught their attention.

"So, Skarra, how are you feeling about facing Shakes and Supa Strikas next week?" Asks Ben on the tv.

"I don't know Ben. The same thing every time. Invincible United will wipe the floor with Supa Strikas. And for Shakes, I will show him who is the best..." says Skarra as he puts that smugly grin on that face of his.

"Well, that's it lads! Until next week." 

Erikson and Hailey look at each other.

"Who do you think will win?" Asks Hailey.

"Hmm, you never know. Invincible United always come up with some crazy plan to cheat. But Supa Strikas always plays clean." said Erikson.

"Both Shakes and Skarra are good, and are determent to win... but Shakes has something in him that makes everybody like him." says Hailey as she scratches her chin in thought.

"It's always the same though. Shakes vs Skarra. Who is the best?" Adds Erikson sounding bored af.

Hailey nods.

The waiter arrives at their table.

"Here you go guys." he says with a smile.

"Thank you George." they both say as they take the stuff from the kind waiter and offer him the money.

"Thank you for the money." he smiles as he left the table.

They start eating and drinking on their meals, but then suddenly Hailey's phone rang, which alarmed them both. 

"Hold up Erikson." she said as she pulled out her phone out of her purse.

"Hello... Yes, that's me..." she starts mumbling into the phone. As she talks to the other person on the other line, she seems to be surprised and shocked by the news she got. 

Erikson is confused and curious, as he waits for the news that Hailey just receives.

"Okay, thank you so much. Bye!" Hailey said as she ended the call.

She has a wide smile on her face as she looks at Erikson.

"What?!" Said Erikson, now paranoid.

"ERIKSON! I GOT A JOB AS A SOCCER JOURNALIST!! ME, HAILEY IGLESIAS!" She screams in joy as she runs around the café as she gets bad looks and stares from other customers in the café. 

Erikson couldn't believe his bestie. He knows how much she wanted and tried to reach her goal, and she finally got her job! He was proud of her. :D

"YAY! CONGRATS MI AMIGA!" He hollers as he jumps and hugs her. 

They both hug each other, and started yelling like crazy little kids. 

The costumers rolled their eyes at them as they went wild.

"We got to get out of here and celebrate!!" says Erikson.

Hailey nods and they both rush out of the café in joy. 

They order a taxi which takes them to Erikson's apartment.

They party all day and slept early after all the joy and excitement...

The next day, Hailey woke up, happy as she remembered what occurred yesterday! 

Hailey got down to the kitchen and saw Erikson making breakfast.

"Hailey! Good morning." he says with a smile.

"Hey Erikson! I still can't believe  i got the job." she said.

He nodded.

"I know right? Now tell me all about that phone call you got yesterday!" he says as they both sat down and ate their breakfast.

"Well, the boss told me i got a place as a soccer journalist. Which means i'll me having my own office in the soccer Super League headquarters and i will be interviewing the players, just like Lina! I will meet all the big players like Shakes, El matador, Skarra, Uber and more! I start in 5 days, next Monday. I am really excited!" she says as she eats her delicious pancakes.

He smiles "Well done bbg. That's what you're worth. You tried your best and now you got what you worked for!" he adds.

Hailey suddenly looked down

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Well... i need to move to South Africa.. that is where the Soccer Super League Headquarters is... so i wont see you anymore" she states as she starts tearing up.

He looks at her sadly but he knows its for the good.

"It's okay Hailey. You can go to South Africa. Your dream is there... I will be okay. We can meet in the holidays and we could call each other every day." he says cheering her up.

She smiles a little bit.

Erikson starts making jokes to cheer up the mood.

They both giggled as they ate full hearty, though they both know that deep down they will miss each other...

--------------

Hey guys!! This is the end of chapter one!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D

~~~Hailey out~~~