1.6

CHAPTER SIX NORMALCY

***

       PAUL HAD NEVER seen the Cullen home before, and he was quite taken aback by how grand it was. Though he told himself he shouldn't be so surprised that they had such lavish and luxurious items. Their home wasn't the only nice thing he could see several cars were lined up in the driveway, likely one for each member but the one that stuck out to him the most was a cherry red convertible.

       He could smell his Imprint the moment he stepped foot onto the property and his heart pounded in excitement though he forced himself to ignore it. Sam and Jared were by his side, his best friend insisting on coming with for moral support.

        The doctor, Carlisle Cullen, met them outside. His very presence puts Paul on edge despite the kind smile on his face. He'd never met any of the Cullen's besides his brief run in with Emmett over the red haired leech.

       "Hello Sam," he greeted the Alpha first, something clearly meant to be taken as respect, "Jared and Paul right?"

       Paul furrowed his eyebrows as to how the doctor knew their names, he'd never met and they could have been anyone. But his silent questions were answered when Edward Cullen appeared behind his adoptive father. There was an almost staring contest between him and Paul, and the wolf was actually thankful that the mind reader was there for once.

       "This is going to cause trouble Carlisle," Edward said, eyes leaving Paul's and making contact with the doctors, "Paul Imprinted on Maisie last night when she was out hunting."

       The blonde man's eyebrows jumped up on his forehead, "I didn't know that was possible."

       "Neither did we," Sam said gruffly, visibly uncomfortable around them, "Paul doesn't have much choice - he can't be away from the Imprint for long."

       Sam Uley had always been a man of few words but it was worsened in his discomfort, lucky Edward had taken over the explanation with a simple scan of the wolves mind and turned to his adopted father.

       "A shifter will feel immense pain and depression when away from the Imprint, it's likely that Maisie will too.

       "I see," Carlisle said and pursed his lips, "Come inside, Maisie should be up in her room. I'll go and get her for you."

       Before Paul could even blink the doctor was gone, a slight breeze left in his wake, Edward led the three wolves into the house with tense shoulders. It was clear the mind reader didn't like the wolves, whether that be because of Jacob or because of their strength he was unsure.

       "You're lucky Alice managed to wrangle Rosalie, Penny, and Ariel into shopping," he said as they entered the grand living room, "My sisters don't take kindly to dogs."