Chapter 10

I run up to Hawk and Robby before shoving Hawk in the shoulders

"Hawk you're the biggest idiot I know! Does it not register through your thick head that kicking someone while their back is turned gets you disqualified? It's illegal contact!" I scold angrily.

"It's his fault he started it!." Hawk retorts

"Oh, yea are you going to push everyone who starts fights with you?" I ask, "Might as well push me too Eli." I sneer before walking up to Robby lending him a hand. "Hey sorry about that guy, he's is an idiot." I tell Robby. He chuckles before replying.

"It's fine, I guess that just leaves me and you fighting for the championship huh?"

"Yeah, I guess." I mumble. "Don't worry I won't go after your shoulder okay?"

Robby chuckles as he gets handed ice and we make small talk while the ref talks to grandpa Kreese and Hawk.

"Damn that's a nice Gi." Robby comments.

"Thanks!" I smile, "I got it custom made for me."

"So red's your color huh?" He asks

"Yeah, I guess." I reply, "I just like the way it compliments how I look."

"Yeah, I can see definitely why." Robby compliments me as he laughs.

After the intermission, it was time for me to fight. The referee announces Robby and my name again as we both step onto the mat. I smile at Robby as I approach as he does the same.

"Hey go easy on me yeah?" Robby asks, "I am injured after all." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Sure sure whatever you say."

And kids, that's how I met your father.

I'm kidding. I can't lie though, Robby has really nice bone structure.

The referee told us to bow to each other and the fight started. Since I had watched Robby fight Hawk I had learned some of his fighting sequences and it was easier to block his jabs.

Ding

I had earned a point from doing a 360 and punching Robby from the side. I smirked to myself, I couldn't believe I got the first point. We had moved back to our starting position and continued fighting.

The score was now 2-2, whoever scores the next point wins. The crowd was anxious and so were we. I had underestimated Robby, I thought all he had was boxing skills but I was wrong. He either trained for this for a couple of weeks or he was just naturally good at karate.

We faced each other once last time before the ref signalled the fight to start. I know when to start defending instead of striking first and that's the one difference between me and grandpa's students. I started circling Robby as he launched forward trying to jab me in the shoulder. Good thing I have fast reflexes, I thought to myself as I side stepped him. We exchanged punches back and forth and my low stamina was starting to show, I had never trained against an opponent Robby's size for this long.

I saw Robby purposely throw a punch sideways leaving his side open and I quickly took the opportunity to hit him square in the stomach.

Ding

We both stopped and looked to the ref, he had signalled that I had won.

Robby and I stood side by side and the ref grabbed my arm and lifted it in the air, the crowd burst into cheers and my teammates ran to me. I saw Miguel run towards me and lift me in the air to congratulate me.