Chapter 13

I drove up to the beach with Miguel in shotgun and Demetri in the back. We were supposed to meet Robby and Hawk there. I was wearing a dark blue swimsuit with a button up and Miguel was sporting red swim trunks. Demetri, on the other hand, had a full on wet suit because he said and I quote, "you'll never know what or who is going to attack you so I like to be prepared and warm for the occasion".

I pull up to the parking lot and cut the engine as we all grab our stuff from the trunk and proceed to choose a location. We decided to put our bags near this shady spot with trees in the background.

"Who's up for some volleyball?" Demetri asks

"Yea, I'm down we just gotta wait for the others to show up." I respond while taking my button up off and putting it on the ground in the sun to get a nice tan going. I grabbed my sunglasses off from my head and put them over my eyes to take a quick nap before Robby and Hawk showed up.

Not before long I realized the sun wasn't in my face anymore, I opened my eyes and peered through my sunglasses to see a certain blue haired boy staring down at me.

"Oh hey Hawk." I say while brushing the sand off me as I stood up.

Hawk said a quick and simple hey before heading over to Miguel and Demetri who were setting up the volleyball equipment. I take a sip of my water before heading out to where the boys were.

"And then Vera kicked my ass in the airport!" Miguel tells Demetri

"Like I always say, never underestimate a girl at the airport." Demetri replies

"What? You've never said that." Hawk scrunches his eyebrows as he took off his shirt leaving him in his blue swim trunks.

"Yes I have Eli, you just weren't there to hear it."

I laugh at Demetri's response before I hear a voice behind me.

"Man, is it always this hot in California?"

"Damn Robby you actually came." I joke as I turn around face to face with a spider.

Robby was shirtless wearing black swim trunks, his hands were trying to style his messed up hair.

"Looks like someone just woke up." Miguel states and I see Hawk scoff and walk to the far side of the net.

"Man! He even looks good when he wakes up, what can't this man do." Demetri yells.

I laugh before standing next to Robby and leaning on his shoulder.

"Careful there, Demetri. Don't wanna feed his ego more than it already was."

Robby laughs at my joke before gently shoving my arm off his shoulder and walking toward the volleyball net.

"Alright are we going to play some volleyball or what?" He asks.

"We could take those three out in 2 minutes." I laugh as I point my thumb towards Miguel, Hawk and Demetri.

"Okay how about we make this fair." Robby states as he walks up to the rest of the boys. "We'll take Demetri on our team but we can only hit the ball twice and Demetri has to hit it once."

"Whatever, sure." Hawk says as he starts walking to his side of the net.

"No way you two are that good." Miguel chuckles, "and even if you are Demetri will definitely make you lose. Sorry man, it's the truth."

"I don't know about that Miguel, when you put Vera and Robby together something's bound to happen." Miguel jokingly said

--------------------

"15 - 2 there's no way we just won, no way!" Demetri shouts as he walks over to get some water.

"What did I say, Demetri? You can't lose with a Vera on your team." I laugh.

I walked over to the beach bag and took out a black Cobra Kai towel to dry the sweat from my forehead when a group of guys walked by.

"Hey, you guys from Cobra Kai?"

"Yea you are, you're Vera right?" The group asks.

"Yeah nice to meet you." I smile

I noticed the group of boys now huddled around me, some checking me out in the most obvious way, making me a bit uncomfortable.

"Fellas we should probably give the girl some space yeah?" I see Robby shove his way through the guys before standing next to me, leaning an arm around my shoulder. "Who knows, if you piss her off she might flip your ass to the ground." He chuckles.

"Sorry, Vera." One says as they all back off and begin to leave.

"Hey Vera!" another one shouts, "if you're still here later we should go swimming." he winks.

I shake my head and brush him off, before turning to Robby.

"Hey, where's my surfing lesson? I wanna go beat your ass in that too." I joke.

"Watch and learn Vera, watch the master at work," Robby says.

He grabs the surfboard that he brought and did the iconic Baywatch run to the ocean. Even managing to turn around to give the group a wink before turning back around to continue running. 

At this point, Hawk's eyes were rolling so much it could've popped out from his head.

I'm not going to lie, that man can surf it was so mesmerizing watching his sharp turns on the waves.

"Alright, Miguel would you do the honours of holding my phone?" I ask while handing Miguel my phone. I wasn't going to just watch Robby rub it in my face when I was just as good as surfing. 

"Yeah sure Vera, I'll just be there at your every command."

"Hey! You should be honoured, Hawk is too moody to be asked right now, and Demetri would have such shaky hands it'd fall in the water."

"Moody!?"

"You got me there Vera, I do have shaky hands."

I laugh at both the others' responses before diving into the cold water with my board. The water felt so cold and refreshing from the hot sun. I swam up to the surface and brushed the water from my hair, I opened my eyes to 4 boys on the sand just staring at me, one with humour, one with admiration, one with lust and one madly in love.

"So we doing this or are we just gonna stare at me all day?" I ask

"Staring at you all da-." Before Demetri got to finish that sentence, Hawk had whacked him in the back of the head.

All 4 guys had hopped in the water to join me with their surfboards, and we spent the rest of the day teaching the guys how to surf. 

--------------------

Jex ✰