Chapter 2, Part 2

Lisa was the only one at the round table without a date.

The event started and Zack noticed Lisa looking around for someone. He also noticed the necklace that she was wearing. His necklace. A small smile crept along his face while still looking at her. Lisa made eye contact with him but quickly looked away, still searching for her date.

"Hello Bayside." Mr. Belding said into the microphone. "I can't believe you are all leaving this school soon."

Lisa's date arrived, and kissed her on the cheek from behind. Zack's smile faded away. "I'm so sorry that I'm late, Lisa. There was heavy traffic on the highway." The person said and pulled out a chair that was beside her. "It's ok Brian, the event just started so you're fine." She replied, smiling.

"You look like an absolutely beautiful Queen by the way." Lisa's date kindly complimented which made Lisa heavily blush at the comment.

Zack couldn't help but notice the interaction between Lisa and her date, Brian.

He was looking directly at Lisa, desperately trying to get her attention, but she tried to avoid his eyes. Zack felt bothered by that.

"You're good, Zack?" Kelly asked, grabbing his hand.

"Oh, yeah," Zack replied, smiling.

"Good." Kelly kissed him on the cheek.

When his girlfriend wasn't looking, his smile disappeared.

So many emotions were happening all at the same time, and it made him feel frustrated. Lisa was his best friend. He shouldn't be feeling the way he was for his best friend, but every time he tries to distract his mind, she always appears.

Lisa's date was telling jokes and flirting with her, and she was giggling. A jealous feeling entered the pit of Zack's stomach where it made him very uncomfortable. He took a shot of water to get rid of the feeling while having his eyes remain glued on her.

The award ceremony started and waiters started coming out and taking people's orders.

One waitress came to the table and asked the gang for their orders.

"Ok so enough of my hilarious jokes, the winner of the most athletic jock is...A.C Slater!" Everyone cheered.

"Congratulations!" The gang clapped for him. Kelly got up to hug him.

The arrangements of the table. Big round table. 10 people at the table.

Diagonal on the left side of the stage.

In order-

Left side-Zack, Kelly, Slater and his date, and violet next to her.

Right side-Screech, Lisa and her date, Jessie and her date (her date is sitting next to Zack.

"Way to go Slater!" Zack shouted while clapping his hands. The awards ceremony helped take not only his mind but Lisa's mind off of the event they experienced.

...

"The sweetest person and beauty award goes to...Kelly Kapowski." Everyone did the same as they did with Slater.

Kelly was excited, and she and Zack kissed and hugged.

"Nice babe!" Zack said and kissed her on the check when she came back.

Lisa viewed this and felt weird inside. A small but sharp pain struck her in the stomach, and her attitude shifted a bit. She ignored the stab, but wasn't aware of her mood change.

...

"The most dedicated student award goes to...Jessica Spanno."

"Jessie!" Kelly and Lisa cried out in delight.