Chapter 2-The Necklace

Zack was waiting by the staircase, contemplating whether he should pull Lisa out of the room and give her the necklace or if he should wait until she is alone.

His contemplation was soon over when Jessie hurried down the stairs, calling for Kelly. Zack knew that it would be his chance to meet with Lisa alone.

He, himself, hurried up the stairs and stood in front of the guest room where the door was closed.

Zack knocked at the door, expecting an answer. "Yes?" Lisa answered softly.

"Hi, it's me Zack, can I come in?"

"Oh yeah, sure." Lisa agreed while fluffing her hair in front of the body mirror.

Zack entered and spotted Lisa wearing a fiery red dress along with the shoes he picked out for her. His entire attention and eyes were on her and weirdly, his heart started beating rapidly. Lisa looked gorgeous in his eyes.

"Wow, you look great Lisa." Zack glanced her up and down while nodding his head along.

"Thanks, you too-oh and Kelly is not here right now, so you will have to be patient in seeing her." Lisa formed a bright smile and then turned to face the mirror again.

"Oh yeah, um, well, I didn't exactly come here to see her." Zack shyly admitted while scratching the back of his head.

Lisa faced him with a confused look. "Then who did you come to see?"

"You."

"Me?" Lisa became more confused as she pointed to herself. "Ok." She huffed in a laughing matter.

"That's because I got something for you, I thought you might like it." The blonde explained.

Lisa's face went from puzzlement to excitement and it glowed with anticipation.

Zack walked closer to her and pulled out the gift from inside his tux.

"So I noticed how much you wanted this necklace, and was very disappointed when you couldn't afford it, sooooo..."

"Zack, no. You did not." Lisa interrupted him.

"But I did." He said in a playful voice then quickly turned serious. He opened the case and kept his eyes steady on her.

Lisa's eyes sparkled when she saw the necklace sitting in its case. She would sacrifice all of her other jewelry just for that one item. Call it extreme but there really was something special about it. It was unique. It was one of a kind. It looked like it was specifically designed for her. The sparkle in her eyes began to fade as she snapped back into reality. She looked at Zack and pushed the present away. "Zack, I can't accept this gift.

"Why not?" He asked, perplexed.

"Because, don't you think this is a bit much, like you really didn't have too."

"But I wanted to, Lisa. I think you deserve it especially after being such a good friend to me even in my lowest moments. Remember when I said I owe you one. In return, I wanted to do something nice for you." The blonde explained.

"Ok, well what about Kelly?" Lisa folded her arms.

"What about Kelly?"

"I don't know, isn't it kind of weird that you have gotten this expensive necklace for me and not her? I mean, what would she think of this?" Lisa shook her head.

Zack thought about it and then answered, "Well this is just a nice, friendly gesture. Nothing more, nothing less."

"I still don't know about receiving it." Lisa looked at the necklace and then back at him.