Chapter Nineteen: Tragedies and The Last Task Part 2

A/N: Hi guys!! All I have to say is that this video had me in tears. Especially the twins part... don't mind me crying in the corner rn... 😭🖐️. So This is the LAST chapter of this book! I have really appreciated all of you guys for reading it! Thank you so much! 

---------------------------------------------

FRED'S POV: 

Someone was out of the competition which meant that there were four left. Who was out? I was deep in thought trying to figure out what path I should take. Frankly, I was just tired of running around in circles reaching dead ends. I finally decided which path to take, which took me about a good 5 minutes when I suddenly heard a lot of yelling, and as the troublemaker I am, I decided to follow it. What I saw was NOT a pretty sight.  Viktor Krum was on the ground and Cedric was pushing Harry out of the way and said "Get off me!" and started running. Harry started chasing after him, so obviously I was gonna follow. (A/N: Guys my writing is so sucky and cringy rn,  so sorry😫) What happened to Viktor Krum? Wait.... if Krum was right there, Cedric and Harry just ran past me, did that mean Fleur was out?! (A/N: Really feel like they did Fleur dirty in this movie.) Up ahead I saw Cedric and Harry pushing and shoving each other trying to find the cup. I was right on their tail, up ahead I could see the glowing trophy. We all started running faster and faster wondering who would get to the cup first. The walls were closing in behind us. I looked back to see the wall was closing in right behind me! I quickly pushed Harry forward to get him to run faster. I did NOT want to be crushed by the wall. We were pushing and shoving racing to get to the cup when suddenly one of the vines shot out and grabbed Cedric by the ankles and pulled him back. Harry kept running while I was wondering if I should help him or not. I then saw Harry stop running. He looked at Cedric who looked like he was being strangled by the vines. Harry's gaze then turned to me. I could hear Cedric yelling out to us. I wanted to help him, and I think Harry did too. But this was a competition...right? I turned to look at Harry as if asking permission to help him. Harry nodded and I shouted "REDUCTO!" at the vines. (A/N: I know that Harry is the one who says that but I felt like Fred should help instead of just standing there watching, ya know?) Harry then bent down and helped Cedric get the vines off him. Even though we helped him, this was still a competition, and I planned to win. I was going to do this. For George. For Ron. For Ginny. But most importantly, I was going to win this thing, for Hermione. I was going to make her proud. "Thanks." Cedric said, his breath shaky a little. "No problem." I told him. " You know... for- for a moment there I thought that you were gonna let it get me." Cedric told us still a little shaken up. "For a moment so did I." Harry told him while looking straight ahead. At this moment, I felt bad for Cedric. All he really wanted to do was make his father proud. "Some game huh." I heard him say to both of us. "Some game." Harry mumbled kinda out of breath from all the running. All of a sudden we heard the sound of the walls closing in. We all looked at each other terrified. "Go!" Cedric yelled as we all started doing as he said. I definitely wanted to make it out of here alive! We ran as fast as our legs took us. We kept running and running, terrified that one of us was going to get crushed by the walls. We finally reached the cup, but the problem was, who was going to take the cup? Time was running out! "Take it!" Cedric yelled to me and Harry. "You guys saved me, one of you take it!" he reassured us looking back behind him to see how close the walls were getting. "Together." Harry told us. "One, Two Three!" Harry said and we all three grabbed the cup. But instead of being back with the ground, we appeared to this odd-looking place that looked nothing like being back at Hogwarts. Where the heck were we!? Was that cup a portkey? "You okay?" Cedric asked us, getting off the ground dusting himself off. "Yeah, you?" I said standing up and helping Harry. "Where are we?" I asked trying to figure out where we were. "I've been here before." I heard Harry mumble to himself. What? What in the world was he talking about? "It's a portkey." Cedric said examening the cup. No duh! I really wanted to get out of here. It was really freaking me out. "Harry the cup is a portkey." Cedric started telling Harry excitedly. "I've been here before. In a dream." Harry told us looking like he was about to start freaking out. Dream? What dream? "Guys we need to get back to the cup! Now!" He said on edge. Okay, what is going on? "What are you talking about?" I asked him. Then suddenly Harry started screaming and touching his scar. "What is it Harry?" Cedric said as we both went over to him. " Get back to the cup! Now!" He yelled while still crying out in pain because of his scar. I looked around to see if I could get a clue to where we were but then a familiar figure came out of the shadows holding someone. And that familiar figure happened to be... PETER PETTIGREW!? (A/N: AND UGLY BABY VOLDY MC MOLDY! Ngl when I saw the clip of this part I literally started screaming because of how terrifying Peter looked. I'm not kidding he looks like a rat! I swear I'm now going to have nightmares.) "Kill the spares!" The tiny person in his arms shouted. Excuse them, I am NOT a spare. WAIT HOLY- I promised Hermione I would make it out alive. Hermione would kill me even if I was already dead!! I quickly got up and ran and hid behind some weird statue. Now I was more than terrified. I was petrified. And now I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have nightmares for life. Not to mention I have to live with the sight of Peter Petegrew's face and that definitely isn't a blessing. "AVADA KEDAVRA!" I heard and I peeked around the side to see a green light flash and Cedric go flying. I saw him hit the ground but his eyes were open. He was dead. (A/N: I'm really trying hard not to cry while writing this, but I'm already tearing up) Even after everything we went through just to win this stupid trophy, everything he did just to make his father proud, was for nothing. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to shout for help. But there was no one that could help us. Cedric was dead and I really didn't know what to do. I really just wanted to be at Hogwarts, with my twin, with my little brother, with Hermione. But I can't. I have to help Harry. I have to be brave. For Cedric. 

------------------------------------

HERMIONE'S POV: 

(A/N: This was going on while they were in the maze!)

I was starting to get worried. Especially after I saw the red spark burst out into the sky. That meant someone was out. What if something bad happened!? This was giving me anxiety. I NEEDED to know if my best friend and my boyfriend were alive. "Hermione calm down, everything is going to be fine." Ron said trying to reassure me. I have a really bad feeling about this.

BACK TO FRED'S POV: 

-----------------TIME SKIP--------------- 

(A/N: Skipping all the stuff in between, I would write it but that's twelve minutes' worth of writing, Also skipping Harry's and Crusty dusty moldy mc Voldy's fight, sorry)

Me, and Harry who happened to be dragging Cedric's dead body, ran over to the cup trying to escape away from Voldemort's grasp. We both touched the cup and we vanished right before he could get to us. We landed with a thud and I groaned in pain. I could hear the crowd cheering for us but their cheers stopped when they saw what was going on. Harry was crying over Cedric's dead body, and I could hear Cedric's father shouting "That's my Son!!! That's my boy!" While running over to Cedric with tears streaming down his face. "HE'S BACK! HE'S BACK!" Harry shouted while in between his cries. "VOLDEMORT'S BACK! I SAW HIM! HE KILLED CEDRIC!" He kept crying out as Dumbledore was desperately trying to pry him away from Cedric but Harry did not seem to want to let go. I don't think I will ever be able to forget this. EVER. 

HERMIONE'S POV: 

When I saw Harry, Fred, and Cedric appear, Ron and I started cheering. Thank goodness they were safe! But then, I saw Harry leaning over Cedric. I could only make out that his eyes were wide open. He wasn't moving. Oh no. Oh no no-no-no. I knew something bad would happen! I could hear Cedric's father yelling and I saw him run out of the stands. Then Harry started screaming "HE'S BACK! HE'S BACK!" Who was back? I didn't know what to think. What if Harry and Fred were hurt too?! "VOLDEMORT'S BACK! I SAW HIM! HE KILLED CEDRIC!" Harry then shouted. I froze. What?! I quickly ran down and out of the stands but Ron pulled me back. I was able to rip my arm away from his grasp and I ran down to the scene in front of me. I saw Cedric's lifeless body staring off into space. Was Voldemort really back? I thought as tears welled up in my eyes. I turned to Fred, and he looked at me with his eyes full of sorrow. He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. I started sobbing into his chest and he just rubbed my back, rocking me back and forth, whispering comforting words like "I'm here love." or "I love you so much." and "It's going to be okay." I didn't know what to think. Maybe things were going to be okay. At least....For now....

-----------------------------------

A/N: Heya guys. So I've been trying to update this chapter for like two days but I am very squirrely so I am constantly getting distracted! On that side note, I am now completely finished with this book! I was thinking about making a sequel to this book let me know if you would like me to make it. It would probably be about their last year and the battle at Hogwarts and was thinking about calling it tale as old as time or something. Anyways, thank you all so much for all the reads and the support on this book, it really means a lot. Don't forget to check out my other books, IF you would like to! ILY all so much and I hereby announce this book completed!