The thirty-sixth chapter

--------------------------------------------

(No picture! The voting for characters is over if you voted then good for you. If you didn't and this book is clearly unfinished then expect more voting to happen. I like interacting with my readers so if you have a funky idea then tell me! Also, I'm planning on making a Garcello cupcake for you guys!)

--------------------------------------------

Garcello pov.

I woke up feeling slightly uncomfortable. Moving around I can feel my back hurt extremely badly...

"Fuck..." The word escapes my mouth because of the pain I feel. It isn't too bad but it's bad enough to just roll on my back and stare up.

I could see the floor but when I rolled my body to face the ceiling I realize what I just saw... Am I on the floor?

I hear something shuffling around beside me. It's probably Y/N... He must have kicked me out of the bed while I slept...

My whole body is in pain... It's strange... I decide to get up and look at the time...

It takes a while to sit up but it seems like my body can handle standing up. When I do I try to walk towards the door stumbling slightly but ending up at the right place.

Now I am in the hallway... I look around for a lighter because I have such a huge need of a cigarette right now... I move towards the kitchen and check around in the drawers for something that could make a fire.

I finally found a plastic lighter that looked like it was bought for 2 cents. It was light-green and you could see the fluid swim around.

Smirking I put it in my front pocket and move towards the clothing rack putting on my jacket as well as my hat.

When I finally step into the alley again I feel happy about things being more comfortable around here. I still wonder how Alex is doing though but it looks like it's a bit too early in the morning to call him.

Then I realize what the boy told us yesterday... They were dead... Alex... He made them come back to life...

I stare off into the distance not really feeling like I should be worrying too much about things that I can't help...

Recreating the steps I did before pulling out a cigarette with my hands instead of my mouth and taking the lighter as well. I put it in my mouth and light the lighter noticing that I'm shaking slightly...

Did it really fuck me up that badly?... Probably did but I'm happy that the smoke is a nice gray.

(My head cannon is that all he has to do is tilt in a direction to change the color. If he isn't having it in his lungs first it's the common gray color. Even though the sparks of the cigarette is green the smoke isn't until it enters his lungs.)

My whole body calms down once I breathe in the smoke from the cigarette. These cigarettes have both helped me and made me feel worse at the same time...

Can't smoke too many or I'll overdo it...

While I'm smoking I start to think about Y/N making me blush. He likes me... He's too good for someone like me...

I hear some strange people talk in the distance making me perk up and pull my hat over my eyes. Ever since I started the cigarettes my background has haunted me...

People want me dead... I had to run from my own business... It wasn't something I am proud of...

The people that seemed to make the sound seem to be getting closer to me. I try to make out who they are...