Chapter 3 : Do me a favor

Disclaimer: mentions of violence, death, manga spoilers
Author's note: the following chapters including this will serve as a series of flashback that builds up to the events from the previous chapter

Disclaimer: mentions of violence, death, manga spoilersAuthor's note: the following chapters including this will serve as a series of flashback that builds up to the events from the previous chapter

Almost 20 years ago

3:33 AM

Everyone in the hospital was panicking, running around preparing for the unexpected storm. Lights flickering in the left wing of the hospital where a pregnant women moaning in pain from the horrific labor she is experiencing. Alone in misery and no one to tend her made her wish for the child inside her to have never existed.

About half an hour has passed, she tightly held on the sheets of the hospital bed screaming in agony as the child inside her tear her insides apart. The lights continued to flicker a couple of times before finally dying. She was about to give in to the pain and give up until somebody arrived.

Anzu who was visiting her sickly father passed through the pregnant women's room and noticing what was happening she was quick to tend to her aid. "I-I don't know...I-I don't know how to do this!" She squirmed and held the women's hands trying to recall birth scenes she saw on television though inaccurate, it was the only thing she thought.

"O-Oh! Breathe... Yes Breathe! Inhale exhale!" She guided the women's breathing by demonstrating deep inhales and exhales she copied from a sitcom she watched.

The thunder storm along with the pregnant lady's screams almost harmonized perfectly. As she screamed her soul out a heavy thunder comes down from the heavens releasing a loud bang. The storm was approaching the hospital, the strong winds penetrated the unsecured window of the room making tiny glass shards fly over to their direction.

Anzu's heart beated faster, "S-Shit! O-okay ignore that! Push!"

In the hospital hallways a tall muscular man with a visible vertical scar on his lip's right corner wandered. Walking back and forth repeatedly for the past hour. He furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his jaw not being able to answer the question boggling his mind repeatedly 'What is drawing me here?' He was aware of his child being pushed out by a cruel woman he slept a couple times but he didn't care about that. He barely even remembered her name.

There was something else, something off about the whole situation.

Born without cursed energy yet he could sense something peculiar.

"I can't do this." She whispered to Anzu, aware that her body was failing her. She wasn't motivated to fight anymore, she loathed the little thing destroying her insides. With every fiber of her being she cursed her unborn child, In her mind, spite and hatred resonated towards the unwanted unborn being. At the first place she never even wanted the this child, for her it was a impediment that ruined everything for her, if she had the guts to kill it with her owns hands she did.