Chapter 5

Scarlett's POV
The witch bitch marches on stage in all her glory as the audience applauds and cheers. To be quite honest I'm surprised she showed up after what happened between her and her 'best friend' early today, but here she is.

She takes hold of the microphone and turns around as the song begins.

(Toxic-Britney Spears//Cover-Jennel Garcia)
As the song goes on, Lilia swings her hips and dances in a sensual style - sending flirty glances at Ace - as the warlock sits in the audience smirking at her.

The audience claps as she finishes, all except us and the twins, and she sends Lia a subtle proud smirk as she walks past, causing Arlo to growl in defence of his twin.

"That was Lilia Harmonia, next up tonight we have everyone's favourite vampire singing another original."

As I'm announced to the stage, Pearl sends me a reassuring smile while Angie and Seb cheer for me. I also notice the small smile gracing my ex girlfriend's face as I'm called up, but I pay no mind to it.

Pearl's band joins me on stage and we quickly go over the music before I take hold of the mic.

(You don't know me-Elizabeth Gillies)
The room bursts into applause after my performance causing a smirk to find it's way onto my face - a very similar one to that of my sister's.

As I get back to the table, I'm embraced in a tight hug from Pearl as the scent of the ocean mixed with vanilla shampoo envelops me, causing me to sigh in content.

"It was amazing!" Angie exclaims as Pearl and I pull away.

"Absolutely fantastico!" Seb cheers causing me to chuckle.

"Thanks! You're up next Pearly." I smile at her and as if on queue her band is announced,

"Thank you Scarlett Addington! Now, up next tonight we have another of our favourite daily acts; this is The Clams!"

I snicker at the name and she lightly punches me on the arm.

"You can't laugh every time the band is announced!" She scolds and I just laugh harder,

"I'm sorry but that band name was the greatest thing I ever came up with!"

The origin of the name is simple, when karaoke nights first started Pearl's band didn't have a name but she asked me to sign them up. I couldn't think of anything, so as a joke I put them down as 'The Clams' because there is a pearl in the centre of a clam and Pearl is the lead singer in the band; in my opinion it's pretty clever.

"Whatever." She sighs with a smile before heading onto stage, glancing at me before she starts.

(Girlfriend-Avril Lavigne//Cover-First to Eleven)

I applaud along with the rest of the room as she well exits the stage and, ignoring the ache in my chest, I pull my best friend into a hug.

She's crushing on somebody, oh what I would give to be the one who she's falling for.

"Did you like it?" Pearl's voice snaps my out of my thoughts, noticing her nervous lip bite I quickly reassure her,

"It was incredible." She smiles happily before I speak up again, "So who was it about?"

She nervously plays with her rings before smirking and replying, "Nobody, it was just a concept."

I laugh at the fact she used my own words against me before playfully rolling my eyes and mumbling, "idiot"

"And that was The Clams! Next up is..."

The night carries on with other students doing karaoke as well as dancing and laughing with my beautiful best friend.

-
-
The laughter carries on as Pearl and I enter our dorm room. We each get changed into our pyjamas and sit on my bed.

"Tonight was a lot of fun." I summarise while gazing into Pearl's ocean blue eyes.

"Every night is fun with you Letty." She replies, her voice just above a whisper as she looks back into my eyes with a look I can't decipher.

I look down, attempting to hide the blush which is taking over my pale skin. Chuckling lightly, a manicured finger lifts up my chin causing my eyes to once again fall upon the gorgeous girl in front of me.

"You don't have to hide from me." She says softly as her thumb traces my defined cheek bone, a small smile makes its way onto her face, "I've known you for long enough to know that there is something you want to say, what is it?"

I love you

"Who was your song about tonight?" I ask instead.

She gives me a look showing she knows that wasn't what I wanted to say but she shakes her head before her mouth forms a teasing smirk and she answers, "Now that would be telling."

I pout, hoping to make her give in, only for her to laugh, "You know that doesn't work on me Letty"

"Worth a try." I sigh with a loving smile.

"Night Scarlett" she says, kissing my cheek lightly causing me to blush deeply.

"Night Pearl." I whisper as she flicks the light off and slides into bed, I love you.

I follow suit, slipping the covers over me before bringing a hand up to my cheek. I smile happily before falling asleep.