Chapter 2

Royce

Honestly, I was sad Trevor was gone. We just got cordial and now we won't even have the chance to have a friendship. We would see more of each other considering Iris is carrying his child.

I wanted to be able to have a friendship because avoiding each other all our lives wouldn't work out. Now, he'll never get to see the child 's first steps, their first word and she or he will never meet their father.

I thought he was worth meeting. Even after everything that went down between us. Under all that anger he had for me and Iris' relationship, he was only acting out of pain. I can't blame him. I would do exactly what he did.

If I could give my life so he could watch his child grow, I totally would. I don't want to take the position of the father 's position of his child. It's not right even if he isn't alive. But, I know Iris wouldn't want them to live, knowing their father died.

It wouldn't seem right and they won't get to live the life they deserve. He or she would be more focused on not meeting their father, it would mess up their childhood. I didn't want that and surely, neither did Iris. I wanted to comfort her but she growled at me and her eyes turned back.

I highly doubt I would be immune to her anger at that moment. Her real mate just died, I know mates feel a whole in their heart where their mate is supposed to be. It would destroy them inside out.

Her and Trevor never really had a bond but, It would still kill her mentally. All the wolves she just became Alpha to was watching her cry for her mate. She growled at all of us to leave and we obeyed.

Considering I was Beta, the new packs would follow me. We ran all the way back to pack grounds. We waited for a few hours, hoping she'll come back. Finally she did.

She stood in front of her new pack. All eyes were on her. She had a confused look on her face but it quickly left when she saw David. He was Maurice Beta. Only meaning his pack was there with him.

Then another pack and then our pack. I walked up to her and scanned her. It seems she was crying and tried wiping it off. Your cheeks would always show you were crying. Then her eyes were puffy.

I had everyone here so we could set Trevor free. I wanted to set her free of her pain. I knew what she was feeling. He wasn't from our pack, but he was her mate. I even had Jayce here to participate in the funeral.

Although he was in the pack house crying his tears out. It would probably be smart if she didn't see him immediately. Jayce was on the wrong team today and because of that, he was no longer family.

Walking up to her, I brought her in for a hug. She laid her head on my shoulder with her hands behind my back hooking to my shoulders. As soon as I touched her, I could literally feel her pain. It didn't affect me as much because it wasn't my actual pain. I could just feel it.

She pulled out of our hug and wiped her tears that were coming down. "Why are they here Royce". She seemed disturbed by her new pack. She was excited about expanding and now she doesn't care at all.

It was totally cool though. I understood why and if she had any Alpha slack, I'll be right there with her to help her pick it up.

"Well, this is your pack now. They are a part of this family. Trevor is a part of our family. I made preparations for his funeral. Before you say anything, Jayce is here.

He won't miss out on his brother's farewell". She stepped back and looked up at me like I was crazy. "Who said I wanted a funeral?". She didn't seem too happy about it.