Chapter 12

(14 years ago)

Royce

Grabbing a pot, I poured water inside and dumped the noodles inside, turning the stove on so it could boil. Next I grabbed six ziplock bags and six different food coloring. There was Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Purple.

I poured maybe 20 drops of food coloring into each bag and closed it and sat it down. The twins were in the living room playing with blocks and I was being a cook.

I never actually knew how to cook, but I could boil up some noodles. Not the roman noodle kinds but the spaghetti noodles.

After the noodles were done cooking, I took the pot off the stove and brought it over to the sink and poured the noodles into a strainer. Letting all the water drain out. The noodles were still hot, but it didn't matter to me.

I washed my hands already, so I grabbed a hand of noodles and divided them evenly into the bag of colors.

Making sure each of the noodles got some color, I shook them all up and sat them in the bag for about 3 minutes.

The noodles were still hot but they were going to cool off in a minute. Pouring each bag of noodles into the strainer, there was a lot of food coloring still left and If you ate it, you would feel the liquid on the noodles.

So I pour warm water over the noodles and mix it with my hand. Rinsing all the leftover food coloring off. Now I had a strainer full of rainbowed spaghetti.

Grabbing two plates, I divided the spaghetti evenly and brought it to the table. I had already set their seats up in the chairs so they could reach the table.

Walking over to them, I took the blocks out of their hands and picked them up, setting them each in their chairs. Travion kept putting his hands out for the blocks but once he got his food in front of him and stopped whining and started eating.

I've been teaching them their numbers and colors since they were 1.People say a child doesn't fully know all of their colors till 3 so I wanted to change that.

Travion picked up a noodle and I asked him what color it was. He totally wasn't listening to me because he shoved the noodle into his mouth.

Pitiful I tell you. Before he put another one in his mouth I held his hand. "What color is this?". Before answering he looked at the noodle and tried moving his hand from mine.

"No no. what color is this?". From his face, you could tell he was about to cry. "No, cut it out. What color is this and you can eat it", I promised.

"Bue" he replied. It's funny hearing him talk. I knew he was saying "Blue" but I wanted him to say it correctly.

"No, say Blue". Instead of him trying, he picked up another noodle. Kids I tell you. I let him have it.

He had already put the noodles in his mouth. It would be rude to snatch it out his mouth.

Trevon was just looking around eating his noodles. Literally, all his yellows were gone. I think he loves the color yellow.

I went over to the kitchen to clean out the pot and drainer from the colors it had on it and I felt like somebody was watching me.

I looked out the window and It was a shadow. I couldn't see who it was so I went out of the pack house and looked to the side and no one was there.

I walked over to where I saw the shadow coming from near some bushes and I felt weird.

Like a presence was here. There was no scent but I could feel a presence and it felt gravitating.

Going back inside the house, the twins were done with their food. Now the difference from their plates was that Trevon plate was empty and Travion plate still had purple noodles still left.