Chapter 1

Alex Rider opened his eyes to see only darkness. It seemed like it had been forever since he had seen anything other than darkness. He was in a room, by the feel of it, it had cement walls and he didn't know where the door was. He sat curled into the corner, his back pressed into the walls. The sharp sound of bullets hitting metal sounded louder than they had a moment ago. The smell of smoke filled his senses. It was hot but he didn't know where the heat was coming from. A loud bang filled the air and he looked up by pure instinct but still could see anything.

"Come on kid. We're here now, you're safe. Come on, follow me." A kind but urgent voice was next to him for a moment and he flinched at the closeness, he heard retreating steps but couldn't follow. "Kid come on!" The voice was more urgent now then before but he still couldn't move. "You must be in shock. I'll carry you, is that alright?" Alex nodded his head but still flinched as he was picked up and carried bridal style out of the room.

The sound of gun fire slowly ceased and he was set into a seat, someone clipped something over him and a loud whirring appeared above him. He flinched again at the sudden sound and he guessed he was in a helicopter. He wondered who had saved him, he wondered who had taken him. All he knew was he was taken while he was asleep, when he woke up his eyes burned and he was stuck in a room with no light. It was odd that it was still so dark though, he couldn't see a thing.

The helicopter landed a while later, he was unclipped then tried to step out. He moved his feet but tripped over something and fell out, landing on the ground a meter below.

8 months later

Alex got out of bed at the sound of his alarm, found the clock on the stand next to his bed and hit the top, successfully silencing the repetitive beeping. He stood up and walked 10 steps to his dresser, he grabbed a shirt from his top drawer and a pair of pants from his second. He slipped the shirt on and felt the tag on his neck so he knew it was on right before pulling the sleeves down to his wrists. His pants made an audible click as he did the clip in the front. Getting dressed was always an easy thing to do, he had all identical black long sleeve shirts that he wore all year and only black cargo pants. No need to worry about clashing colors is all the colors are the same. He found his shoes in the exact place he left them the day before and put them on before leaving his room. He cursed as he bumped his shoulder into the door frame. His house is two floors but he only ever was down stairs.

He slipped into the kitchen and rummaged around in the fridge until he felt something that felt like a container of yogurt. He opened a drawer and pulled out a spoon before taking a bite. He missed his mouth completely and spilt it on the floor, he cursed and promised himself he would clean it later. He tried again. He spit it into the sink behind him right after the spoon left his mouth. It wasn't yogurt. It was sour cream that was spoiled. He grabbed a glass from the counter and filled it with water, taking a drink he turned to walk out of the room before making it only a few steps before he slipped on the spilled sour cream. He fell and dropped the glass, it shattered on the floor next to him and he felt pieces of glass cut his face as he fell right on top of it. Of course that was the exact moment Ben walked in.

"Alex!" His voice was worried but also trying not to laugh. Alex couldn't even imagine how he looked in that moment, on the floor, sour cream on the floor and counter, while being surrounded by shattered glass. He would have lagged himself if it wasn't himself on the floor. "Let's get you changed. The 'bank' wants you. I don't know why."

Alex just sighed before standing up and walking back into his room where he grabbed a change of clothes before going to the bathroom where he assumed Ben was.

"I'm going to pick you up okay." Ben warned him before picking him up and putting him on the counter. Something cold and wet touched his face and he flinched away from the unexpected contact. "Sorry. Should have warned you. I'm getting the glass, blood, and sour cream off of you." The same thing touched his face again and Alex guessed it was a wet cloth. It brushed over his face, ridding him of anything that wasn't supposed to be there. A few minutes later Ben left him to change once again. Still in the bathroom he bumped into the sink, wall, towel bar, and just about everything in there. Trying to leave he ran into the shower. Ben laughed as he sighed loudly.

"Ready to go?" Ben asked as he walked back into the kitchen, he nodded and Ben motioned to the door before freezing. "Then let's go." They left and got into the car, Ben silently grabbing the white cane from next to the door. "Here, you didn't get breakfast." Alex's hands suddenly had something in them and he took a small bite trying to figure out what it was. It was a granola bar.

"Thank you."

A few moments later they stopped outside Royal and General Bank and Ben and Alex walked into the doors and straight into the elevator. Alex ran his hand along the wall as they walked to Mrs. Jones office, counting the doors. 1...2...3...4...5... here it was, door 6. He knocked and heard a faint 'come in'. He opened the door and walked in, only to hit the back of a chair a few feet in.

The quick intake of breath indicated someone wincing, it was higher so it was Mrs. Jones. Ha, didn't know she cared.

"Looks like you rearranged your office Mrs. Jones." The second try he made it into the chair, trying to ignore just how much that had hurt. He heard the shift of the chair next to him and new Ben had sat down.

"Um, yes. So sorry Alex." Mrs. Jones paused and a light tink count was heard in the silence. She had just put another peppermint in her mouth and it hit her teeth. "Well, I have some bad news. You and Agent Daniels will be going back to Brecon Beacons." Alex sat up straighter at the news even as Ben yelled "What!". "Yes, you and Agent Daniels will be going back and joining K-unit once again." She sounded more confident the second time around.

"Might I ask why Mrs. Jones? I won't be able to do much there."

"Protection. There have been threats from Scorpia and you need to be safe. Ben is going only because he is your guardian, while he is there he will be training with the rest of the unit. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you are safe and you are not well protected here."

"Why isn't he safe? I'm living with him!" Ben broke his silence

"He's not safe with one person, Daniels!" Mrs. Jones was yelling now, concerned about leaking through her tone. "For goodness sakes, he's blind!"

Heyo there beautiful people, this is another Alex Rider story. For those of you who are reading my other one it is still going. I just needed to write something new for a while. Both will still be updated. Thanks, enjoy, and have a wonderful day!

- AOP